PDA

View Full Version : Integra Limited Slip - which is best?

high_rpm
05-06-2003, 12:06 PM
I am thinking of putting the OPM limited slip in my ITS Integra GS-R. Which lsd do you guys use, and what's your recommendation? Is the OPM unit a good one for racing?

Tom Blaney
05-06-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by high_rpm:
I am thinking of putting the OPM limited slip in my ITS Integra GS-R. Which lsd do you guys use, and what's your recommendation? Is the OPM unit a good one for racing?

I have used both in my Honda CRX/Si. Althought I like the guys at OPM, I perfer the quaife, and have since became a dealer for them. The quaife seems to be smoother and a little less nochy when power is applied hard.

Send me an e-mail or call me to discuss off-line
Tom Blaney
SBMS Racing
http://www.sbmsinc.com/race_shop.html

itaintegra31
05-06-2003, 12:32 PM
I have a 91 integra that I run in ITA, I use the kaaz limited slip and it works great, it is also very smooth.

------------------
Ron Carroll
REC Motorsports Inc.
#35 ITA integra

davew
05-06-2003, 12:57 PM
I have run KAAZs and don't like them, myself. I find them great for drag racing in a straight line. But, because they are cluch type LSDs I found them to be a bit abrubt/agressive in the corners. I prefer the quaif, and even better I thonk is the OE Honda LSD, but its far more fragile than the others. I have broken a few lifting wheels...

I just wish the quaifes came with their own spedo gear rings...

Ron, have you run others to compare the KAAZ to?

-dave w

itaintegra31
05-06-2003, 04:10 PM
Dave,
yes I have run 2 other lsd's, not in this car, they were in my crx, I ran a quaife and a mugen, being that these were in a very different car it is not a fair comparision but but i have had no problem with the kaaz being too agressive in the coners, with the kaaz there is a brake in procedure that must be followed, it is possible that this was not done on the ones that you have driven or it may be that they were lighter cars, my integra is about 2500 lbs, this additional weight could smooth this out a little also. I am able to trail brake into most turns and with the throttle near to wide open it pulls me through the turn nice and smooth.
I just went to your web site,I really like the twin cam lettering that stays with the curser..........------------------
Ron Carroll
REC Motorsports Inc.
#35 ITA integra

[This message has been edited by itaintegra31 (edited May 06, 2003).]

Catch22
05-06-2003, 08:34 PM
I had an OEM Type R LSD in my old '94 Integra and I have an OPM LSD in my '91 ITC Civic.

Two different cars I know, but I can say that I feel that the OPM unit is much more aggressive than the OEM. You can really feel the OPM unit shifting the power while I sometimes wondered if the old OEM unit was even working.
I prefer the more aggressive of the two.

JMO.

ITAIntegraLS
05-08-2003, 01:33 PM
I have a QUAFFE and it works great in my 92 Integra. I have driven a car with disk type LSD But i will take the quaiffe over the disc type.

Originally posted by Catch22:
I had an OEM Type R LSD in my old '94 Integra and I have an OPM LSD in my '91 ITC Civic.

Two different cars I know, but I can say that I feel that the OPM unit is much more aggressive than the OEM. You can really feel the OPM unit shifting the power while I sometimes wondered if the old OEM unit was even working.
I prefer the more aggressive of the two.

JMO.

Tyson
05-08-2003, 09:24 PM
have ppl REALLY broken their drivetrains due to lifting a wheel with a quaife installed? how much lifiting does it really take to kill these things?

ITAIntegraLS
05-09-2003, 02:23 PM
Quaiffe is the only LSD company that Warranties their LSD for Life. I have never heard anyone break a QUAIFFE in road racing. If you can break one you can get yourself a new LSD for free.

ITA Integra LS

Originally posted by Tyson:
have ppl REALLY broken their drivetrains due to lifting a wheel with a quaife installed? how much lifiting does it really take to kill these things?

breaka_1_9
05-16-2003, 02:02 PM
i run the quaife in my 89 civic si and i like it alot as it feels very smooth. i have ridden in a friends 91 crx with a kaaz LSD and that thing feels abrupt and is noisey.