PDA

View Full Version : To keep the orig. rear sway bar or not?

gran racing
04-27-2003, 09:46 AM
I bought an ADDCO rear sway bar that is 3/4". The instructions do not indicate if the stock sway bar should be left in or taken out. I don't want the back end going out too quickly on me. At the same time, I am installing a new suspension (springs - 400 lbs in front and 600 lbs in rear). Previously I was using my stock suspension. What do you think I should do about the rear bars?

jc836
04-27-2003, 02:56 PM
The answer is that you completely remove the stock unit and replace it with the ADDCO kit. The instructions will tell you what to reuse as to the hardware.

------------------
Grandpa's toys-modded suspensions and a few other tweaks
'89 CRX Si-SCCA ITA #99
'99 Prelude=a sweet song
'03 Dodge Dakota Club Cab V8-Patriot Blue gonna tow

gran racing
04-29-2003, 09:43 PM
Here's some info. I should have previously included. It is for a 1987 Honda Prelude si. I am keeping the stock front sway bar in for now (it is really a pain to take out). With this in mind, should I still take the orig. sway bar out?

biovic
04-29-2003, 11:48 PM
Take out the original rear bar, and install the thicker ADDCO. You can leave the front stock bar in (don't replace it with a larger one). If you have adjustable shocks in the rear, you can control how much over or understeer to dial in, because the biccgger rear bar will make the car a little tail happy.