PDA

View Full Version : Integra gsr front swaybar

four27
02-10-2003, 07:30 PM
Several of you commented that I should take off my front sway bar to help off the turns. I will try it but are you taking it off all together or just disconnecting it from the lower control arm?. I would like to keep it in there as it is a good ballast. I am not sure how much it weighs, maybe someone knows.

Will I have to adjust my rear bar?

philstireservice
02-11-2003, 01:36 AM
[quote]Originally posted by four27:
[B]Several of you commented that I should take off my front sway bar to help off the turns. I will try it but are you taking it off all together or just disconnecting it from the lower control arm?. I would like to keep it in there as it is a good ballast. I am not sure how much it weighs, maybe someone knows.
Hi.... I just bought a 94 Integra and I was wondering the same thing (about the front sway bar that is), so I did a little research and called a few people. I spoke to Steve Colletti at Colletti Motorsports in Ohio. He races an Integra. He told me he runs a small front sway bar, i.e 19mm from a Integra RS, on most tracks. If you are running an oval you might want to remove the bar. Coming from previously racing a 85 Audi Coupe GT i ran without a sway bar and the handling was great. But from what i here most of the time you will run a front sway bar with the Integra. It will make the car turn in better......I hope so...lol

------------------
Phil

Catch22
02-11-2003, 06:29 PM
Hey Phil.
I'll bet you're already getting tired of looking at that pretty race car just sitting there huh? I sure do miss it, but I'm glad she got a good home.

Anyway. I tried disconnecting the front bar. I didn't like the way the car felt without it.
My suggestion is to do a test day and see what you like. It looks like this is going to be another one of those driver preference issues.

four27
02-11-2003, 07:56 PM
Hey, if it is faster around the turns I dont care how it feel!!!!!!! I guess the open track day is the answer. By the way Catch did you just disconnect it or actually take it out and if so does it come out without disconnecting the shift linkage?

Catch22
02-11-2003, 08:40 PM
I just disconnected the endlink

philstireservice
02-12-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Catch22:
I just disconnected the endlink

Hey Scott, thanks for your hospitality when we picked up the car. Its does have a nice home...I will take good care of it for you. I'll try and make you proud. I think I'm going to run the front sway bar. At least I will test with it to start. Thanks again....

------------------
Phil Phillips
94 Acura Integra GSR #44
ITS/H3