PDA

View Full Version : need a tranny

volante
01-23-2003, 07:10 PM
Any Honda guy's got a good spare tranny for a 90 crx with a LSD and a gear just laying around and in the way all the time--that you have been meaning to sell to make room in the shop?
With a slipping clutch and a stock final drive,I was dead in the water at the ARRC this year.
E-mail me if anyone has one or know's someone with a large spare'e package wanting to lighten the load.

D.Volante
[email protected]

JimH
01-24-2003, 02:31 AM
You might try checking out homemadeturbo.com, there is a classified section in the forums, and someone had three Si trannys available in response to a request like yours. Those guys swap out trannys and engines like there is no tomorrow.

HiRcc#21
02-03-2003, 05:38 PM
Hi dave-
See if you would've bought my crx 3 years ago you would've had this equipment already...LOL how ya been man?
I have a spare trans (stock)and I am a salespoint for Quaifes, as for the gear, they are kind of rare, but your best bet might be to just call Jamie Houseman direct and ask him if he has any...Houseman is listed in the classifieds in SportsCar every month....he is the one who made mine and tom fowlers and others when they first hit the scene back in 96...
If you want this trans let me know...I also have 3 spare D16A6 motors (all good, but stock) for sale at 350 for ea.
Hope all is well in Cornville...ha ha
Nice to see in the ARRC, see you there this fall maybe?

volante
02-07-2003, 01:48 AM
Is that you Chris?
If it is I hope thing's are well.I will let you know about themotor's.Did you say you have a tranny also?
Dave Volante

HiRcc#21
02-07-2003, 01:57 PM
yes dave it is me...
I do have a spare tranny, if you want it.
If you need a final drive gear, OPM has them on sale for 950 right now...just an FYI.
How's the crx doing?
chris

slackerjay
02-07-2003, 09:40 PM
chris,
is a sale pending on the tranny?? i am interested if not... i'm in cleveland. can you email me some details? thanks..

[email protected]

~J

HiRcc#21
02-10-2003, 01:16 PM
Jay-
This is Chris, in Medina, we spoke the other night on the phone....
If Dave doesn't want it, you can have it. I haven't heard back from Dave yet....so Dave, if your reading this....let me know.
Jay-
you can call me for details if you want.
866-438-3966 (get-dyno)

volante
02-10-2003, 07:53 PM
Do what you have to do chris --I am not ready to start on anything yet.
The crx is good-It ran like crap the first year we had it.I broke top running race car rule number one(alway's take the car as soon as it leave's the track)I am not saying the person I got it from did anything underhanded--but the car would not turn or keep up with anyone.It sure is interesting when we yanked the motor and redid some of the susp.and put a new computer in it she ran and drove waaaaay better everywhere we went.We need the shorter final drive and a non-slipping clutch to run closer to the front at the ARRC.

I will keep in touch
Dave

HiRcc#21
02-11-2003, 02:44 PM
Dave-
Sounds you have gotten yourself on the way to doing better than when you had the RX7.
I hope you get things sorted, and I am always available if you need set up data, or any parts upgrades your considering.
As for the gear, your on track. OPM has them for a 1000.00. Also need the LSD if you don't have that...
I do have some new pieces that can make the car handle better if your interested...
They are low buck (yea right...lol) upgrades for your suspension. We developed these new spherical bearings for use in the lower control arms, in place of the old polyurethane units...they work great, and the alignment holds better, less deflection under cornering loads too. They are 175 for a set of 2. They fit the 89-91 civic, crx, and integras, if you have 88 lca's on the rear, you will have to upgrade to the 89-91 style for these to fit. They press in the lca's just like a normal o.e. bushing would.
Also consider the front radius rod bearings as well. My car no longer "hunts" the road under braking...super stable and straight line now...they are spherical bearings as well...about 175 a set for those as well.
Those two bushings/bearing set ups will help your car stabilize and corner very well.
Let me know if I can help you further...
call me if you want- (866)438-3966
chris stiffler
Medina, Ohio
Street-N-Track Autosports