PDA

View Full Version : Carburetor Issues...

close_call
01-04-2003, 03:18 PM
Ok, i recently got my carburetor rebuilt at a shop, i take it home & install it back on, everything seems to be on ok & correct...It takes a few tries to get it to start(always started right up before rebuild), then it idles really crappy, the idle was very bouncy, high & low. Then i'd go to give it a little gas & it would die or it would almost bog out & die. (On a side note all of my vacc lines are removed, yes i did that mod) It's a 85 1.5 CRX, please help, much appreciated...
CloseCall

Dom Pirinchinci
01-04-2003, 08:01 PM
Sounds like a vacuum leak. Check every hose you have left, and check to make sure the ones you plugged are really plugged (I JB Weld mine AND use vacuum caps zip-tied on). It's possible to get a leak through that thick carb gasket (which could also mean coolant into the engine, since both run through that gasket- BAD, VERY BAD!), but pray that it's not, 'cause that gasket is obscenely expensive. After that, you can start spraying carb cleaner on the manifold to see if there's a crack in the manifold. If idles improves (or if you can see a difference on a vacuum gage, you've found your leak. Good luck.