PDA

View Full Version : What suspension setups are on your 4th civic hatches?

Hunter
12-18-2002, 02:58 PM
I'm currently building an '88 civic hatch w/ b16 swap for Honda Challenge, and was wondering what setups you guys are running (spring rates, etc.)? i'm having trouble figuring out what setup i wanna go with.

thanks for any info,
Hunter

Dom Pirinchinci
12-20-2002, 09:01 PM
Most people just use the stock little gas strut thingees- I don't think the GCR lets you modify the hatch or the glass in any way. I'm sure somebody in Sport Compact Car sells neon struts, though- they might be legal in NASA. http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

(sorry. can't resist being a smarta$$ sometimes.....)

[This message has been edited by Dom Pirinchinci (edited December 20, 2002).]

Hunter
12-21-2002, 01:14 AM
:-/

Knestis
12-21-2002, 10:22 AM
I would call OPM and anyone else who specializes in Honda racing suspension - actual racing suspension - and follow their recommendations initially.

Have fun!

Kirk

JimH
12-21-2002, 04:57 PM
I am preparing a 89 CRX B16 (cage going in next week), and will be using tokiko illuminas, with 400/600 f/r ground controls to start out with. I have talked to guys with similar setups and the consensus is that it would be a good starting point while I am still learning.

I have seen some pretty high spring rates, like 1000/1200 being used on some cars, but would require a shock that is valved to handle it. I think Tyson has a nice FAQ on this at Honda-Tech.

Jim