PDA

View Full Version : What Kind Of Power From the 88-91 ITC Civics?

SMSP
12-06-2002, 11:07 AM
Anybody want to give out dyno numbers for the 4sp Civic Std in ITC?

ITSRX7
12-09-2002, 11:54 AM
Seems fishy nobody wants to share numbers.

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
New England Region
[email protected]

Knestis
12-09-2002, 04:56 PM
...seems possible that (a) few people actually know, and (B) those who do don't want to share.

Kirk

ITSRX7
12-09-2002, 09:12 PM
I have a feeling it is "B" and that sucks.

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
New England Region
[email protected]

SMSP
12-11-2002, 12:46 AM
I guess it's b also.

What kind of rpms do you guys turn these to? Sprint race vs Enduro.

That Renault Guy
12-11-2002, 01:16 PM
I don't have any hard dyno figures, but the power:weight for these cars seems to be significantly worse than the 84-87 Civic/CRX.

I have raced with many of these at Waterford (including the 2001 ARRC winning car) and they are the only ITC car, other than a GLC or Chevette, that I can "motor" passed with my Exotic French Sports Car. The Civic more than makes up for its lack of power in the corners, however.

------------------
Jim Krom
ITC Renault Encore EFSC (Exotic French Sports Car)

That Renault Guy
12-11-2002, 01:16 PM
I don't have any hard dyno figures, but the power:weight for these cars seems to be significantly worse than the 84-87 Civic/CRX.

I have raced with many of these at Waterford (including the 2001 ARRC winning car) and they are the only ITC car, other than a GLC or Chevette, that I can "motor" passed with my Exotic French Sports Car. The Civic more than makes up for its lack of power in the corners, however.

------------------
Jim Krom
ITC Renault Encore EFSC (Exotic French Sports Car)

megmeyer
12-11-2002, 06:31 PM
>
Originally posted by SMSP:
>I guess it's b also.
>
>What kind of rpms do you guys turn these >to? Sprint race vs Enduro.[/B]

I would guess it's a. I have never had my civic DX on a dyno (that I know of - my Dad did the original prep). Until I become a better driver, seems like a waste of time! I still have the rev limiter in, which kicks in at about 7200 rpm. Haven't raced Enduros yet, but thinking about it for 2003, since NeDiv is having an Enduro series.

Meg Meyer
#27 Red ITC Civic
2001 Kryderacing Champ
2002 NYSRRC Champ