PDA

View Full Version : What Do ITC Rent For?

SMSP
12-06-2002, 11:04 AM
What are the typical rates for

Single Race Weekend
Double
Enduro
Single/Enduro

Thanks

Crack Monkey
12-07-2002, 01:10 PM
Depends on the quality of car and level of trackside support.

With full support and delivery and a top-notch car, $800-$1000 is not unreasonable for a full weekend or comp school.

ITSRX7
12-07-2002, 02:53 PM
I am building an ITS car over the '02 season for rental availablility during 2003. The car will be top notch, unbent and feature great trackside support as you say.

My question is this:

What kind of market is there REALLY for a rental @ $1000 a weekend?

Does anyone do a 'rent to own' scenario? I am trying to understand the business quirks.

AB

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
New England Region
[email protected]

Crack Monkey
12-07-2002, 07:00 PM
I used to crew for Rotary Performance in VA. If I recall correctly they rented their Spec RX-7s for $600-$700 for a comp school weekend. They were good cars for a while, but eventually were pretty beat up. RP started out doing rent-to-own, but then decided it was better just to rent. Under the rent-to-own scenario, typically they would apply the rental fee from a comp school towards the purchase price.

Crack Monkey
12-07-2002, 07:02 PM
Also, I believe SRFs rent for close to $2000 for full weekend.

I'm not sure how profitable renting alone would be - many shops rent cars as a means to generate future business.

ITSRX7
12-08-2002, 10:41 AM
Definatly not going to get rich on the idea. I just fiured if I did it right, with all the parts, consumables and the chassis I have, I could break even in 1-2 seasons (assuming zero cost for the parts I have that are getting dusty).

After I break even, I figure every weekend I pay for a set of tires or I sell off the rental for a great deal and pocket the cash.

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
New England Region
[email protected]