PDA

View Full Version : acura/ITS springs

four27
10-29-2002, 05:45 PM
I have a 94 GSR and have 700 pound coils in front and 900 in rear. Car handles good but seems to lean a bit to much on steady state turns. It looks about 7 degrees on the lean (from looking at photos) and I am told 4 is ideal. Does anyone run bigger springs than this? I have Koni double adjustable ,inverted shocks and Ground control 25mm rear swaybar and stock front swaybar. the shocks are set in the middle position on both rebound and dampen. I was thinking of going to 800 on the front. anyone got any good ideas?

il8apex
10-29-2002, 06:00 PM
Swaybars!

A good rear bar will help lots. Compared to what I've heard for Hondas/Acuras and spring rates, you're under-sprung in the rear. You could put in a 1" swaybar and I think you'd be REALLY happy about the way the car works, especially getting it rotated.

Are you running any bars right now? Are you running a LSD?

-Tom

four27
10-29-2002, 06:41 PM
Tom, thanks for reply. I have a 25mm Ground
control bar in rear and stock one in front. I am getting perfect balance on turns just a little to much lean which is causing my camber readings to show I need a little more neg camber in front left but I cant legally get more than the 3.5 I have thus the need to restrict body roll to keep tires planted. What springs do you think I should run?

four27
10-29-2002, 06:42 PM
Tom, thanks for reply. I have a 25mm Ground
control bar in rear and stock one in front. I am getting perfect balance on turns just a little to much lean which is causing my camber readings to show I need a little more neg camber in front left but I cant legally get more than the 3.5 I have thus the need to restrict body roll to keep tires planted. What springs do you think I should run?

four27
10-29-2002, 06:44 PM
Tom yes I have a LSD. I do get a little inside turn rear wheel lift

il8apex
10-30-2002, 01:40 PM
I have heard Integra spring rates up into the 800 Front/1200 Rear range (although I don't know which swaybars were being used with these springs). I don't know if there is a commercially available 28mm swaybar, but that could be an alternative to stiffening up the rear spring rates too much.

Pay attention to tire wear on both ends, and try document camber setup changes and spring changes. If you find that tire wear doesn't change much with camber adjustment you may be a victim of bushing deflection.

-T

mavis
10-30-2002, 11:17 PM
You said you have the camber set at -3.5 in the front left. Do you have it set differently on the right?

[This message has been edited by mavis (edited October 30, 2002).]

four27
10-31-2002, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by mavis:
You said you have the camber set at -3.5 in the front left. Do you have it set differently on the right?

[This message has been edited by mavis (edited October 30, 2002).]
Mavis. I have right front 3.0. Portland is all but one turn to the right so we usually set it up to give up a little on the one left turn to gain on all the rights.