PDA

View Full Version : Master Cylinder

emwavey
10-09-2002, 03:27 PM
I mostly do autocrossing and track days, but have plans to eventually race a '90 crx si in ITA...

Right now I'm getting a mushy pedal...
Are their other options for master cylinder replacements, or should I go with Honda's direct replacement?

Brakes upgrades are currently:
SS lines, DOT 5 fluid, cryogenically treated front rotors, & Porterfield R-4S

------------------
-emwavey

johng
10-09-2002, 04:05 PM
If you're sure the M/C is bad, stay with Honda parts. It fits, it works, and it's legal.

------------------
1994 Civic DX - ITA #93

LTBMotorsports
10-09-2002, 09:21 PM
From past experience with Honda I would say use only and only HONDA PARTS trust me we tried different brand and we always came back to HONDA factory parts. Even if you ask Tom Fowler from OPM ( he is one of the best Honda builders ) he will say the same. As for cryogenically treated front rotors we tried that in our ITA car and we did not feel any difference and I think it is just waste of money.
Good Luck,
Louis

B Breon
10-09-2002, 10:13 PM
Do you have rear discs or drums. If you have drums, when was the last time you adjusted them. They need to be adjusted to where you can just hear them rubbing in the back. This will get you good pedal height as long as all other components are working right.

MADDOGJP
10-10-2002, 01:29 AM
I have had a mushy pedal for quite some time and figured it was normal or had something to do with the rear discs I installed. I found a used m/c for $27 and installed it just to see. Way big difference before threshold braking was only in my dreams because lock up was impossible. Now I can keep it just before lock up with some pedal modulation and she stops on a dime.