PDA

View Full Version : Side Draft Carb for 1st Gen CRX Si

cbstd
09-20-2002, 03:08 PM
I am looking to replace my fuel injection with a set of either Mikuni or Weber side draft carbs.

Does anyone have any experience with this set-up and any recommnedations for cam/valve combinations to work with it?

Many thanks for any help,

Scott

ChrisP
09-20-2002, 03:45 PM
Your not going to find anything here since them mods don't fit the ITC rulebook although i'm sure somebody knows.

joeg
09-20-2002, 05:17 PM
I know a few things about dual Webers.

If you cannot significantly increase the compression as well as the lift and duration of the cam, make certain you do not oversize. Stick with a 40 DCOE rather than a 45 or larger. Stay fairly modest with the venturi sizing too!

I'm sure all this will work, but it will take a while to get the jetting correct if you are not able to procure a good starting point "kit".

Common mistakes with DCOE set-ups is the idle circuit jetting. Even if it is a full-blown dedicated race car, make sure that circuit is functioning properly with the correct jets.

Find a good book on Webers and read it. There are many.

I had an IDF (double down drafts) on my Ice Racer and they were quite tractable, but always required mixture fiddling.

On a Lotus 7 we put my DCOE's on and that is where we discovered the idle circuit issues.

Cheers.