PDA

View Full Version : Moroso Oil Pan

grimmer
07-01-2002, 11:57 PM
Didn't Moroso make an oil pan for the 88-91 CRX Si? I think it was baffled, had a little larger capacity and had a crank scraper. I can't find any info on this- maybe I hallucinated the whole thing.

Or maybe it broke a few motors and went back to the drawing board. http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/confused.gif

Anyone have a clue what happened?

------------------
John Grimmer
ITA '88 CRX Si

Bob Roth
07-02-2002, 01:22 AM
I looked for a Moroso too. I gave up. Their reply was that it was for the B16, not the crx D16. Also, I suspect that it was designed for drag, not RR. After looking at the CRX pan, I am not sure that there would be much improvement.

Anyway, after 8 years of racing at blackhawk have never shown any unacceptable wear, in fact I replace rod bearings every three years (30 to 60 hours) but I usually wonder why as I have never seen any particular wear.

see you at Road America

Originally posted by grimmer:
Didn't Moroso make an oil pan for the 88-91 CRX Si? I think it was baffled, had a little larger capacity and had a crank scraper. I can't find any info on this- maybe I hallucinated the whole thing.

Or maybe it broke a few motors and went back to the drawing board. http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/confused.gif

Anyone have a clue what happened?

Tyson
07-02-2002, 02:34 AM
i have a friend with a moroso pan in his stock d16a6 and ive seen it. so either he made it work or they do indeed make it.

Greg Gauper
07-02-2002, 09:44 AM
I can't speak for the 2nd gen CRX, but I am running the Moroso pan on my ITC Civic which is the same engine as the 1st generation CRX. The thing is a work of art! It is specifically designed for road racing. It has 4-way trap-door baffles and bump-outs front and rear to increase capacity to 5.5 qts. Also has fittings for oil temp sensors.

Chris Sawatsky
07-02-2002, 09:51 AM
I'm pretty sure moroso did make a pan for the d16 engine, like Greg said.

slackerjay
07-02-2002, 10:21 AM
try summit racing...i remember seeing one in the catalog i think. i could be wrong.

~J

INTEGRAMIKE
07-02-2002, 01:29 PM
I recently was looking at these particular pans and was hoping to acquire one. I called Racecar Engineering and they told me the price would be around $355-360. Do you guys think this is a good price? For anyone interested I spoke to chris and his # is 800-882-7231.

Greg Gauper
07-02-2002, 01:59 PM
That's about what I paid for mine.

B Breon
07-03-2002, 11:24 AM
Moroso makes one, see below. Summit has them for about $400 with the required extended oil pickup. Beautiful pieces, been drooling for a while but just can't seem to fork out the money.

Honda 1.6L
Kicked-Out Sump
Aluminum, 5.5 Quart Capacity

No. 20908

No. Description/Application
20908 Aluminum, Kicked-Out Sump Pan, Honda 1.6L engines

Replacement Parts: Oil Pan Stud Kit No 38366

about moroso
oil pans
<<
>>

Fits:1986-89Acura Integra, 1992-95 Civic EX & Si 1988-92 all Civic/CRX Si

Fully fabricated for exceptional strength and to provide several design advantages over stock-core pan; aluminum construction is lightweight and helps dissipate heat
Dual trap-door baffles allow oil to flow into the pickup area during hard acceleration and keeps it there under braking to ensure constant oil supply and oil pressure
Double kicked-out sump increases capacity to 5.5 quarts, while maintaining stock depth for ample ground clearance
Removable sump tray allows for easy cleaning, cools and de-aerates return oil and keeps excess oil off of the rotating assembly to prevent horsepower-robbing windage
Includes 1/2" NPT bung at rear for fitting a temperature sender and 1/2" NPT bung at front for plumbing an oil return line for turbos (also includes two 1/2" NPT plugs if required)
Includes magnetic drain plug with extra copper washer, pan mounting kit with hex-drive steel studs to eliminate stripping the engine block and serrated-face flare nuts to withstand vibration
Accommodates stock pan gasket and dipstick with existing oil level marks

NOTE: OIL PAN CAPACITIES DO NOT INCLUDE OIL FILTER CAPACITY.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

plank
07-03-2002, 05:12 PM
John, I have one, think I bought it from Summit, but it might have been from someone else. I will look when I get back in town and see where I got it from, it was $349 as I recall. Works fine, clears headers, etc.

Dick Plank

jc836
07-04-2002, 09:57 AM
I read the Moroso site and it said that the pan is a 2 door type. Seems to be intended more for drag applications if this is the case. Those using it-please clarify your experience. The part number (20908) is correct for our D16a6. Did everyone use the mounting hardware and crush washers?

------------------