PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on Accusumps

il8apex
06-06-2002, 11:32 AM
I'm plumbing up the oil system on my 1.6L Honda, and need some opinions. I plan to include a remote filter, oil cooler, and accusump, along with all the necessary lines. The original system uses 3.2 quarts. I figure I will add just over a quart with all these accessories.

Here is the question: Is a two quart accusump enough, or should I get a three quart model?

Anyone?

-T

Richy Gonzalez
06-06-2002, 12:40 PM
il8apex,
I had a 25 row oil cooler and remote oil filter using a ford V8 filter added to my CRX. Now my car holds a whopping 5.5 quarts and I'm not running a accusump.

------------------
Richy Gonzalez
#21 ITA CRX (http://communities.msn.com/TheGonzalezFamilyRichySheilaandNyah)

[This message has been edited by Richy Gonzalez (edited June 06, 2002).]

il8apex
06-06-2002, 01:25 PM
Whoa! That kind of volume adds support to the argument that the larger unit would be better...

-T

Tom Blaney
06-06-2002, 04:03 PM
That's the exact setup I am using in my 90 crx/si. After two seasons I have not had a failure. My system has a t fitting where the accusump would be going into the oil filter adapter plate. The "leg" side of the t goes to the filter/oil cooler, with a manditory one way valve that prevents the accusump from pumping the oil through the cooler. It should go direct into the block. I use a 2 qt system. The remote oil filter is then plumbed before the oil cooler in/out. I have the manual control valve mounted next to the shifter and I have the accusump mounted in the spare tire well (better weight & legal)

Make sure that you do the pre-oil before starting and shut it off on your cool down lap. Before oil change open the valve to empty the tank so you get fresh oil in the sump.

Take your time, use # 10 fittings and keep in mind you have to get to those fittings to pull the motor.