PDA

View Full Version : Tranny Q's for an Integra

Jason4
04-25-2002, 02:59 PM
What is the best/most affordable way to get a close ratio gearbox into a 94 Integra GSR? I'm also looking for the parts needed to fit Type R rear shocks (if anyone could let me know what I need specifically I'd appreciate it.) and a close ratio steering rack (does anyone know if they are available and where?) The car is a ClubRally Gp2 car but there aren't too many people running hondas in rallying around here and I've had good luck getting help on the IT forums before.
Thanks,
Jason

------------------
Co-driver in a clubRally prepped 94 Integra GS-R

Tyson
04-25-2002, 03:10 PM
you might also want to post this question to the honda-tech guys. alot of them run gsr's and are familiar with interchangability to type-r. i'd start in either the tech or competition forum. maybe the integra forum, but a lot of the info there is a bunch of import drivel.

http://www.honda-tech.com/

us IT ppl cant do much with transmission gearing and parts swapping, and not many gsr drivers. so i think out limited knowledge outside of stock wont help you so much.

bacook
04-26-2002, 09:44 PM
I'm currently building a Gen2 integra for clubrally racing. I'm an active member of several Porsche boards, but I've picked the Integra as my rally car because of its durability, performance, and it's paid for!
While there are more options in the Open Class for modifying the car, this is the best board I've found for actually racing these cars. I'm new to Acura racing and hope to use this board and others to help me find the best methods and sources for building a competitive ride.
Jason: can you e-mail me offline about your car? I want to know some of the things you've already done.

thanks!
bc

il8apex
04-27-2002, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Jason4:
The car is a ClubRally Gp2 car but there aren't too many people running hondas in rallying around here ...

Boy, did you luck out today! Seriously, I'm a Honda freak and crew for the Group2 Mazda Protege in ProRally, so I think I know what you're looking for.

Contact Ivor Wigham from the European Rally School ( http://www.gorally.com ). He can hook you up with the answers for Integras. The Honda Integra is a GroupA car in Europe, and he has experience with this car.

The guys from the team out of Honda R&D run front struts on the rear because it gives them better ride height. No fancy coilovers or anything. Of course, when the struts wear out they just grap new ones out of the parts bin... I'd look at something rebuildable, if I were you.

As for the steering, you might want to look at a steering quickener. It works as an attachment to the steering column and ratios are available in 1:1.5 or 1:1.35 or something like that. Check the circle track stores, like Lane Automotive ( www.laneautomotive.com (http://www.laneautomotive.com) ) and others.

-Tom

------------------
Tom Southworth

'89 Honda CRX Si
Bone stock.

'93 Honda Civic EX
Currently prepping for IT Roadrace, CSP AutoX

Sponsors wanted!

Jason4
04-27-2002, 12:28 AM
il8apex, we already have our suspension, a set of DMS 50mm coilovers, unfortunately they only make them for the Type R's and they have different lower control arms, as I've found out. I think we'll have that taken care of as soon as we can locate lower control arms from an ITR or fabricate a mount into the GSR ones. By the way, were you at OT?
My driver (and team owner) wants to stay away from a steering quickener and would rather find a different ratio rack and pinion(I know that they are available from Quaife from my car but not sure about Hondas or anything else).
I think Derek (our driver) talked to Ivor last summer when he started building the car and said that he couldn't get much help. I'll try it again.
Bacook, it might be hard for me to email you offline but I'll email you off the BB. http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif Sorry, I'm being a smart@ss tonight. I'll answer any questions I can for you. I tried to find your email address on your profile but it didn't seem to be there. Write me at [email protected] and I'll get back to you.
Tyson, thanks for the suggestion, I already have something up at honda-tech.com but I might have to put something else up in one of their racing forums because all I got was a response about needing spring compressors and then it only taking 4 hours or so. Oh well.
Thanks again,
Jason

------------------
Co-driver in a clubRally prepped 94 Integra GS-R

[This message has been edited by Jason4 (edited April 27, 2002).]

UltimateGSX
05-13-2002, 09:04 PM
The best way is to get 98+ Integra TYPE-R internals or the final gear and put it in your car. 4.78 is the gear ratio from the Type-R.

ITA Integra