PDA

View Full Version : Budget Questions

Andrew Manzella
04-23-2002, 06:59 PM
Hi guys. I am new to this whole racing thing so I figured I would sponge off some of your knowledge and experience. I am trying to figure out my budget for the 2003 season now (while I can do something about it) and I wanted to know your opinions on the longevity of some consumables. My car is an ITS G3 Integra GSR that weighs approximately 2400#. How many weekends* do you all think I can get out of the following items:

- Kumho V700 Victoracers (225/50/15)
- Hoosiers (225/50/15)
- Hawk Blues
- Brembo OEM rotors

The tracks will be the following:

- VIR/VIR North
- Summit Point Main/Shenandoah
- CMP
- Charlotte
- Roebling
- Lime Rock

I know there are a lot of unforseen variables such as driving style/ability and car setup. I am just looking for approximations so that I can figure out how much I need to put aside for next year.

Thanks!

* A "weekend" for our purposes here will consist of 4 20-minute practice/qualifying sessions and 2 30-minute races.

------------------

Crack Monkey
04-26-2002, 02:00 PM
Kumhos are good for about 15 heat cycles (tread lasts much longer, but they get less sticky). A typical weekend for me includes a Friday practice. So, 4 sessions on Friday, 2 on Saturday, and 1 on Sunday. So, about two weekends use as primary race tires. Or, keep several sets and use the older ones as practice tires and the newer ones as race (no point wasting good cycles on practice).

Can't comment on the rest since I race a RX-7.