PDA

View Full Version : Neuspeed springs

Tyson
04-10-2002, 09:58 PM
The local honda guru is insisting i go with a front/back 450/900 spring rate for my CRX, thus i need to get a set of ground controls (or the likes). that seems awfully high to me, but reading other posts about honda spring rates here, it seems somewhat reasonable. however, there is a set of cheap neuspeed race springs for sale that are rated at 575/450. am i wishfully thinking that i could swap the front and rear to get a slightly undersprung rear? and perhaps easier for a novice to handle. yes/no? also, would it even work? i forget if the perches in the front and rear are different. secondly, neuspeed claims an overall height decrease of 2-2.5", im hoping thats still makes my car over the 5" rule. perhaps i could use a spacer. please give me your opinions.

[This message has been edited by Tyson (edited April 10, 2002).]

Chris Sawatsky
04-10-2002, 11:16 PM
tyson, I used the neuspeed race springs on my crx last season. They weren't really stiff enough for IT.

I talked to Tom at OPM and he said that they usually start drivers off with 400f/550r and move up from there. This is with linear springs. The neuspeed springs are progressive rate, which isn't ideal for racing.

They did not drop my crx too much, and I easily cleared the 5" rule.

greg_umbay
04-10-2002, 11:24 PM
Tyson,
I have also heard 400f/550r spring rates for Hondas discussed and reccommended by many. The one limiting factor for me is I have Tokico 5way illuminas and the shop that sold them to me said something about a 550 lbs limit. I trusted the guy because he is also a NASA USTCC Honda driver.
I have GC but really crappy spring rates.
Greg

------------------
http://www.ita.hondapowered.com

Tyson
04-10-2002, 11:32 PM
hey greg, ive seen illuminas used with an integra with spring rates in the rear are up in the 1400.... go figure. i think ed still has illuminas in his car too. im not gonna worry about swapping my illuminas just yet.

chris, hmmm since neuspeeds are progressive, and theyre still undersprung, then im not quite sure on that 575/450 figure anyway. but, if 400/600 is the newbie setup, neuspeeds really shouldnt be that far away from that.

[This message has been edited by Tyson (edited April 11, 2002).]

Tyson
04-15-2002, 03:06 PM
check that, illuminas only in the front.