PDA

View Full Version : Rear Trailing Arm Bushings

Gord Galloway
03-31-2002, 01:53 PM
I have an 89 CRX si, The rear trailing arm pivot bushings are starting to show signs of cracking and possible splitting. I have polyurethane for all other bushings but have been unable to locate any for this big pivot bushing. Anyone have any suppliers or comments as I don't want to have to but new trailing arms just to replace 2 bushings?

B90278
03-31-2002, 03:35 PM
opm sells mugen replacement bushings,or you can get energy suspention replacement from your local dealer

Gord Galloway
03-31-2002, 05:13 PM
dumb question...what is opm's web address?

B90278
03-31-2002, 07:46 PM
www.opmmotorsports.com (http://www.opmmotorsports.com)

Jon Nelson
04-01-2002, 11:03 AM
Hi Gord;

I'd recommend Prothane Polyurethane bushings over Energy Suspension. They are much better, they actually include metal shells for most of the bushings, wereas energy doesn't.

Soem years ago, I bought an energy "master kit" for a '91 Civic Si, and was disapointed with the fact that it didn't have every bushing that I wanted. In fact, a lot of the bushings were'nt even available.

In contrast, when I got the prothane bushings for the racecar, I was able to get EVERY bushing for the car. All the bushings don't necessarily come with the kit, I think you may have to order some seperatly.

Like I said, a number of the bushings come with an outer metal shell, particularly the rear upper control arm, the trailing arm bushings, and the compensator link bushings at the front of the rear control arm. The other three bushings at the rear are similar to the energy products.

Hope this helps. If you have trouble finding them, I can put you in touch with someone who can get them, possible at a slight discount.

Be prepared for the price, I can't recall, exactly, but the final price tag for these things was pretty steep, but not bad when you consider there are a LOT of bushings in a wishbone Honda suspension.

'later

Jon

cjfinkle
04-02-2002, 12:22 AM
Bernardo, can you please email me ([email protected]) or leave your email address in this thread? I'm building an ITA CRX for competition here in norcal and I have a few questions regarding your car.
thanks
-Jason

Gord Galloway
04-02-2002, 10:38 PM
Thanks Jon! I think my work deals with them so I check what I can get through work. If I turn up with a dead end I may contact you.