PDA

View Full Version : Camber adj. on a 94 Integra

Jason4
03-09-2002, 12:24 AM
I need to be able to adjust the camber on a 94 Integra GS-R that has been prepped for rallying and so sits a little higher than stock. I know that this isn't an IT car but the lack of Hondas and Acuras in rallying has made it difficult to find info in those circles and I figured somebody here would have an answer. We would like to be able to get some negative camber on both ends of the car and also make toe adjustments to both ends. I've figured out the front toe adjustment but that's it. I'm not too familiar with hondas but I know that there are aftermarket camber kits available but am skeptical as to how well they'll hold up in racing conditions especially on gravel roads. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Gord Galloway
03-09-2002, 02:23 AM
Not to sure as to what rules are for rallying but I know that Ingalls makes an adjustable upper control arm to allow for camber change and dial in. I'm not to sure as to how much more negative you could go with these kit especially since your application is raised. Contact them & see how much neg adjustment they allow for. Most of the other kits are eccentric bushings for the upper control arm pivots. They are durable but don't offer much in the way of fine tuning. Any other comments from anyone???

spsspeed
03-10-2002, 01:29 PM
Go to

www.skunk2.com/html/suspension.htm (http://www.skunk2.com/html/suspension.htm)

or

www.kingmotorsports.com/products/king/ (http://www.kingmotorsports.com/products/king/)

Both of these companies sell some adjustable camber kits which are not IT legal, but alot of the Pro Teams use them. The adjustment on them looks to be pretty easy.

------------------
Scott Seck
ITS #38 Integra GSR

Jason4
03-10-2002, 10:46 PM
Thanks guys I'll look into those companies. Does anyone know how durable they are? We've already bent our suspension once and would like to minimize risk of repeating that problem. Also does anyone have any ideas about rear toe adjustment? Do we have to make shims for every angle we want to try? And for rules: we're running group 2 which means we need the safety stuff, the car has to appear as a production car, and we can't have an adj. displacement above 2400cc (no turbos). So everything else is pretty open. Thanks again,
Jason

------------------
Co-driver in a clubRally prepped 94 Integra GS-R

Gord Galloway
03-11-2002, 09:18 PM
As far as rear toe goes what there is, is at the front of the trailing arm there is what's called a compensating arm/link. The end that is secured to the body has a slot in it. By prying the trailing arm either in or out at the front when the bolt is loosend allows the position of the trailing arm to change via the position of the bolt in the slot, thus changing your toe angles. Assuming you don't bend anything you can pre-mark various settings with a scribe, marker, whatever. when you want to make a change just move the compensating arm to one of the predetermined marks and voila, there you go.

four27
03-15-2002, 04:48 PM
I have a 94 integra and from what I can tell is the most neg vcamber one can get on the front with the car down to the SCCA limit of 5 inches is about 2 degrees. That is with Comptech Sport camber adjusters in upper control arm. They just cant be pushed back iny further toward the engine. If your sanctioning body allows it you could use the after market uppper control arms and get all you want or you can heat the control arm just inward of the ball joint and bend it down about 1/4 inch. that, with the comptech adjuster will give you up to 5 degrees. the rear ones are problematic without adjusters as the only real option I can see is to bend the arm not legal in SCCA It categories. I would leave rear tow at factory setting and front about 1/8 tow out as starting point. Are you able to keep the inside rear tire down on sharp turns?

Jason4
03-15-2002, 11:07 PM
Thanks for more great info. From other people I talked to I was under the impression I wanted to toe the front wheels in? Maybe I misunderstood. I think we are going to try the comptech camber adj. because we have a connection on comptech parts. As far as keeping the rear wheel on the ground it hasn't really been an issue unless we hit a jump http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif. We've only raced at one event and the rear end was pretty loose which is common for the conditions (loose gravel up to a foot deep) but we'd like to work on getting the car to hook up a little better. The rules are really loose in clubRally so any suggestions help a lot.
Thanks again,
Jason