PDA

View Full Version : Integra GS-R win at Sebring

dpmurray
02-20-2002, 11:43 PM
I was looking through the latest SportsCar at the results from the November (okay, a little late noticing this) results at Sebring and in first place of the ITS race: Scott Seck in an Integra GSR.

Anyone know what Sebring course was, and what the specifics of the win are? I noticed Steenberg in second in this race (order reversed in race 2).

Dennis

Chris Wire
02-21-2002, 12:32 AM
I was at that race and watched it from atop a motorhome in the paddock with a good view of different points on the course. It was run on the long course (3.7 mi) and Scott qualified on the pole. He controlled the start and pulled a hefty lead over the first lap. The Mazda caught up a little and seemed to be faster on certain parts of the course. From my view, Scott killed 'em at 16 (leading onto the back straight - very important) and again going through 17 A&B (under the bridge leading to the front straight). The RX7 would close between T1 and the Hairpin, but not close enough to make a move. By the time they had made their way through the back side of the course, Scott was again able to stretch the lead.

Scott put in a very nice drive from what I saw.

------------------
Chris Wire
Team Wire Racing
ITS Mazda RX7 #35

Mike Dunn
02-21-2002, 06:27 PM
That was pretty good Chris. You should try announcing. The Integra is faster in the corners and the braking but the RX7 has more top end. VanSteenburg and Dana both pulled the Integra in a straight line. It is going to be a little different this year though!!!!

Rob May
02-21-2002, 07:44 PM
What do you mean by that Mike???? What did he do to make it so magnificent? Get the grinder out? Clean it, what???? hehehehe

Mike Dunn
02-21-2002, 10:55 PM
Nothing. Just being around you lately makes us both a second or so faster.

Will
02-27-2002, 06:23 PM
With the Integra GSR now winning in ITS, the time is right to buy a race proven Acura for your 2002 race season.

Our #41 Acura Integra GSR is now for sale. (#42 already sold) Raced to the Grand Am Cup Compact Championship. Won its last race ever run - at the season finale at Daytona. Under ITS track records at Mid-Ohio, and Watkins Glen. Eligible for the new Honda Challenge series. Well sorted, easy to drive, reliable, check out more details and pictures at:
http://www.phoenixproracing.com/content.cf...emplate=forsale (http://www.phoenixproracing.com/content.cfm?template=forsale)

or Call Will (330) 497-4484 ext 23 or [email protected]

racer-025
02-27-2002, 11:14 PM
I have seen your ad for this Integra on just about every classified race site on the web, now for almost a year. Why hasn't it been sold?

Will
03-01-2002, 03:27 PM
Racer-025 wrote:
>I have seen your ad for this Integra on just about every classified race site on the web, now for almost a year. Why hasn't it been sold?<

Actually what you may have seen was several of our other cars we have had for sale. Besides our Mazda MX-6s & 626s that were sold over the past year and half, we sold a bare tub Integra, and then just recently this past November, we sold our #42 Integra. You will be seeing that car competing this year in the Honda Challenge series. After #42 was sold, I switched the Advertisements/postings to the #41 Integra. (after #41 is sold, then our #43 Integra that won at Trios Rivieres will be for sale.)

#41 is a very good car, that will make someone a great ITS - Honda Challenge racer.

This year, the Grand Am Cup rules have forced us to switch from our GSR's, which we are selling, to Integra LSs. (www.phoenixproracing.com for 2002 pictures)

Will Nonnamaker
[email protected]
(330) 497-4484 ext 23