PDA

View Full Version : Is this going to bump me out of ITC???

Daremo
12-14-2001, 03:13 PM
And if so, where would it put me??

I have a '90 Civic STD hatch with the 1.5L D15B1 engine and 4-spd tranny.

I converted it to MPFI from DPFI using the Si intake manifold, injectors, and ECU. It is still a 1.5, but with better fuel injection and maps.

I also plan on changing to the DX or Si 5-spd tranny very soon.

------------------
'98 Integra R #207 - SOLD!!!
'90 Civic STD Hatch - work in progress.

racer14itc
12-14-2001, 04:09 PM
Yes, it would. No class in IT allows free mixing and matching between cars not on the same line in the PCS. Where would you end up? Probably NASA, in one of their "catch all classes." And before all you SCCA haters out there jump all over me, just think for a second what would happen if we allowed free mixing and matching...

And that 5 spd isn't allowed either. Yes, I know the 4 spd sucks, but that's probably what keeps the 88-91 HB in ITC. If it had a 5 spd it'd probably end up in ITB.

MC

[This message has been edited by racer14itc (edited December 14, 2001).]

Daremo
12-14-2001, 05:44 PM
I appreciate the heads up.

Do you think I would be able to argue my case and say that the injection and tranny makes it basically an Si, and run ITA instead??

------------------
'98 Integra R #207 - SOLD!!!
'90 Civic STD Hatch - work in progress.

racer14itc
12-14-2001, 10:18 PM
No. You have to actually use an Si.

MC

Knestis
12-14-2001, 11:03 PM
Sorry, but you don't get to do much powerplant engineering in the IT classes. If it is too much of a hassle to put things back to stock, you might look at other options like the NASA East Coast Honda Challenge, at...

http://www.honda-challenge.com/

You do limit your options by building to the rules of

Bill Miller
12-15-2001, 12:20 AM
What you've done will definately bump you out of ITC, and right into ITE or SPO. Maybe NASA has some kind of hybrid class that you can run in.

And unfortunately, you can't even 'make it' an Si (unless of course there's no way to tell from the VIN# if it was an Si or whatever model is classed in ITC). Doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense, but that's the rules.

For example, I can't take an '83 or '84 Rabbit and put all the GTI parts on it, and run it as a GTI. Seems that one of the digits in the VIN# indicates the motor size, and only the GTI's came w/ the 1.8. However, I think that's why all the A2 Golfs ended up on the same spec line is that there's no way to tell the 8v cars apart, based on VIN#.

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI