PDA

View Full Version : traded ITA CRX for ITB Suzuki

racer-025
11-23-2001, 09:35 PM
Anyone racing a Swift GT in ITB? I am now. It is fast and will be a real contender for ITB.

JohnW
11-26-2001, 09:15 PM
racer-025, Good luck with the Suzuki.

Were you at the ARRC in November? I'm guessing not. If you would have seen how fast Sam Moores Volvo was (is) you may have kept the Honda. That car is a Rocket!

Best of Luck!

racer-025
11-26-2001, 10:19 PM
I guess we will see if the Suzuki is as quick as the Volvo. If the Accord gets sent into ITA, Honda won't have anything for ITB anyway. The Suzuki will be faster than the VW's though.

Crack Monkey
11-27-2001, 02:30 PM
I think a Swift won the MARRS ITB championship back in 1998. The car is still around, but in GP trim I believe. I think it's the same owner, Kal(?) Busch.

racer-025
11-27-2001, 10:41 PM
This particular Swift was a prototype built by Suzuki Canada in the earily '90's. Currently it is sitting in GT4 trim and I will convert it to ITB over the winter. I won a 1-hour endurance with it on a local track in September. It's a real blast at 10000rpm (I'll guess I'll have to de-tune it)

Vantage #51
11-28-2001, 10:04 PM
Funny,In the results of the september atlantic challenge race,nowhere does it show a Suzuki winning anything?I do remember a white car going by ,but no trophy?
Guess ya gotta be legal to win.
Counts in IT too.

racer-025
11-28-2001, 10:28 PM
Hi Derek,

Yeh, I guess I was disqualified in the end. But remember, they did move the little GT4 Suzuki into the GT2 class because of it's huge advantage, he he. I was disqualified because I was a whopping 30lbs under weight. Before the race, I was approached by the ARMS official (Wayne S.) He said that my car was under weight and that I would probably be disqualified if I ran. He also said that I should "tie" in some weight like a couple of brake rotors or spare wheel or something like that. Can you believe it? I said "are you kidding??" I told him that I would rather race illegal than unsafe. I let the chips fall where they may. Anyway I'll see you in ITB next year....

racer-025
11-28-2001, 10:30 PM
Hey Derek,

What are you doing surfing around in the Honda forum anyway????

Vantage #51
11-28-2001, 10:42 PM
What are you doing talking suzuki on the honda forum ?
I'm Just keeping an eye on ARMS IT goings on.
Have a look on the general IT forum, Lots of suzuki talk, I especially like Bill Millers
comments.