PDA

View Full Version : Honda 1-2-3 in ITA!!!!!!

JohnW
11-12-2001, 09:43 AM
Big Win for Honda his year at the ARRC,,, Tom Fowler followed by another CRX and a Intergra were the top finishers. Bob S. in the Nissan ran srong but broke late .

Great race!!!!!

Tom Blaney
11-12-2001, 01:42 PM
You are right, it was a great race for Tom Fowler. This was the first time I met him nice guy and a good racer.

It was unfortunate that at the start of the race, Colen dumped a load of oil all the way down the hill to start/finish, then spun out in front of me in the bottom of turn 5. It could have been pretty messy, unfortunatly he just wasn't properly prepared.

I was very impressed with the level of skill and competition (this being my first ARRC), and was willing to accept a top 5 finish as doing my best.

Congrats to all.

lb2
11-12-2001, 05:20 PM
TOM it was nice to meet you and sorry you did not have any luck this year but hopefully next year.
Louis Boustani

bobpink
11-12-2001, 05:41 PM
Ummmm......Louis......speaking of bad luck. We're all glad you were alright following your incident during the enduro. More coat hangers next time?

Bob Pinkowski
Atlanta Region SCCA
2002 ARRC Committee (probably)

sjasmund
11-12-2001, 09:01 PM
Tom,

You had a pretty wild ride through turn 12. I was right behind you when you spun. Did you get caught out on Colin's oil slick?

Scott
ITA #96

lb2
11-12-2001, 09:08 PM
Bob, next time welded chain link not coat hangars !!!! I am Ok but my neck is killing me.

and my wallet!!!!!!

Louis

Tom Blaney
11-13-2001, 07:38 AM
Should I be glad that I didn't run the enduro?

JohnW
11-13-2001, 07:48 AM
Tom B, You had a Great Run!!! If it hadn't been the oil in turn 12,,, Honda may of had a 1-2-3-and Tom B. -4.....

Great Racing!

Tom Blaney
11-13-2001, 09:12 AM
Thanks guys, I think it was lap 4, I was trying to catch back up to the Saturn, I could see him, and figured that I would slowly reel his group back up, since I guess we lost 3-4 sec. when Colin spun in 5. I had a little trouble on the downhill in the oil the lap before, but I knew that was where I was fastest all week, so I had to work the line a little to keep my speed up. On that lap, I got the front wheels right, but felt the backend slip in the oil. I really struggled to keep it off the wall (whew !!). When I got going again, I think I was about 18-19th, but both my fronts were really flatspotted bad. I worked back up to 8th, and just as I decided that I wasn't going to catch 7th, the right front blew. It ripped the fender and my day was done.

Somebody told me that they could hear my flatspots comming before they saw me ;-}}

As I mentioned before I was really suprised at the level of competition at ARRC. It beats some of the Runoff's I ran. I hope to be back next year, and maybe I can talk more of the NE Division ITA guys to join me.

Thanks for your comments, I am glad we put on a good show.

B Breon
11-13-2001, 10:15 AM
So, where were the King Motorsports cars of the Moser's and Beyersdorf? Any good paddock skinny or did they just decide not to make the trip down?

------------------
Brent Breon
Cendiv ITA #26
www.360racing.com

teamscr
11-13-2001, 11:58 AM
I'm not sure if I should post in this forum since I don't race a Honda, but I figured I would find you guys here...

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for the good time this past weekend. It was great to meet everyone in person after watching from the outside for so long. While we couldn't spoil the 1-2-3 sweep, we certainly tried http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

John W - be sure to send me your address so I can pop a tape in the mail.

See you next year!

------------------
James Walker, Jr.
http://www.teamscR.com
#34 ITA Saturn SC

John Wilding
11-13-2001, 03:35 PM
James, that was a great race we had on Sat. The oil on the track sure made an interesting race didn't it? I am going to email you my address through your website later. I viewed the race tape and your car looks great. Especially this one hellacious drift you carried all the way through turn 6. It was a great time. I'll talk to you soon.

John Wilding

John Wilding
11-14-2001, 12:49 AM
James, email me at [email protected] we can swap addresses from there. My computer wouldn't access your email address at your website.

John Wilding