PDA

View Full Version : Still need ITA Integra Advice

NoRaceCarYet
10-07-2001, 02:48 AM
Anything to Win ITA - cumon someone has to know the magical Integra to buy to chase CRX's!!!

greg_umbay
10-08-2001, 02:03 PM
There is a guy Nick of Nick's Honda Acura Service. He runs an Integra and by the amount of winner stickers on his car, I would say he could tell you what type of setup is needed to make an Integra win. I think his place is in South SF or Burlingame, CA. Basically he is in the SF Bay Area. I don'y know if he subscribes to this BBS or any other. Sorry, Sounds like all I have for you is part of a name.

NoRaceCarYet
10-08-2001, 06:32 PM
Thanks that's a start - I also see a guy in FLA who's coming in 2nd allot...

They used to be dud's what happened?

John Wilding
10-15-2001, 12:21 PM
I have an integra and it is a fun car. It is a good car for the class. The power is good but the weight is a bit high. Considering that it has almost the same brakes as a CRX. The rear brakes are the same as a 90, 91 CRX. But none the less, it is still competitve(if you drive it hard enough). We also have some tough competition in Fla.

John

10-15-2001, 04:04 PM
Kieran, thats nicholas theroux, ITA class champ this in SFR.

------------------
Daryl Brightwell
ITA/7 Mazda #90
SFR, NORPAC
CAL CLUB, SOPAC

UltimateGSX
11-01-2001, 11:36 PM
I am also building a 92 INTEGRA LS for ITA competition I have everything worked out if you would like some info Email me at [email protected]

RFloyd
11-06-2001, 10:24 AM
OK, I'll throw this one out - anyone out there running a first-gen Integra in ITA? I know they're a little down on displacement compared to the second-gen cars but a 100 lbs lighter, and a few hundred heavier than a CRX but a little more HP.

I just bought an '86 Integra LS that I'm gonna be running in ITA this coming year. I decided for time reasons to scrap the ITC CRX project.

I'm curious if anyone has any insight into set-up, ie alignment, brakes, parts availability. Not many folks I've found have first gen stuff, specifically I'm looking for braided SS brake lines. Also, I'm curious if anyone sells an aftermarket front skirt for the nose that's deep enough to mount brake ducts in. (Other than landscape edging, I've heard that one a few times already). I've seen ones for first-gen CRX's from roadracegear.com. Something kinda like that...

Anybody got any ideas on parts or set-up for these old dinosaurs?

Thanks

Richard Floyd
soon to be ITA Integra

RRG
11-06-2001, 07:36 PM
Richard,

We like dinosaurs here!!

The first gen Integra is no problem....There are many of options for you.

After the ARRC.... we have 3-4 new units being introduced and a big site up-date. Unfortunately were unable to produce products for every IT car raced.... but the ITA & ITS Integra, ITS BMW , ITS Prelude and a couple others are coming....

E-mail us off the forum. Thanks.

Thanks IT.com for the fantastic year!

[quote]Originally posted by RFloyd:I've seen ones for first-gen CRX's from roadracegear.com. Something kinda like that...

Anybody got any ideas on parts or set-up for these old dinosaurs?

EDP
11-06-2001, 11:56 PM
Richard,
I 1st gen is just a longer 1st gen CRX. Bigger brakes fron and rear. Same front torsion bars and rear beam type axle. Alot of the CRX ITC/ITA stuff will fit. It will be a tough car to win with. 2nd gen CRX are faster.

Ed

RFloyd
11-07-2001, 11:27 AM
Yes, I know the first gen Integra is not ever gonna be the car to have in ITA. Too heavy for the amount of displacement and tire compared to other cars, namely 2nd gen CRX. A little more engine than the 2nd gen CRX but 300# heavier. The thing that attracted this car to me was realibility factor (professionally built engine, very low miles, quality of components, etc). Being a "newbie" my No. 1 concern is getting lots of track time, not winning in my very first race. What I absolutle want to avoid is being on the trailer broken. And with the budget, I'm trading off absolute speed potential in favor of a car that I feel confident can go round and round without leaving me stranded. And truly, I've always heard of racing and experienced in my few years of autocrossing and doing high-speed solo, the driver make the difference. I guess I'll just have to fight a little harder when I want the position! http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

Maybe after a few years of fighting for the scraps I'll move up to a "bigger doggie" and try to fight for the whole steak! http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/biggrin.gif