PDA

View Full Version : Rear sway on CRX

Tyson
09-11-2001, 09:24 PM
I have an option to get a thicker rear sway bar for under $100 for my 90 CRX Si I'm putting together for ITA. I think its a pretty good deal. I've got eibach prokit and illumina 5 ways. I've yet to get on the track so I know its not the wisest idea to get and install it immediately, but will I eventually need it anyway? If so, I'd like to just get it now and install whenever. Let me know if this is a wise addition. Thanks.

Tyson

B Breon
09-12-2001, 11:05 AM
Everyone in ITA runs a bigger rear bar and stiff springs. Some run the neuspeed bar (27mm) and stock front bar. Others run the Suspension Techniques bar (25mm) and no front bar. But, I think it is the concensus that a bigger rear bar is necessary.

------------------
Brent Breon
Cendiv ITA #26
www.360racing.com

Tyson
09-12-2001, 01:04 PM
Thanks, thats the answer I needed to hear.

lb2
09-12-2001, 02:58 PM
Not every one runs the sway bar, we don't run any on the car at all front or back, but you need stiff springs, we run 550lbs front and 700lbs in the rear with Koni custom double adjustable all around.
Louis Boustani
Atlanta region
ITA 2

mock1
09-13-2001, 12:00 AM
It's all a means to the end, big springs or big bars. If your car runs flat and is neutral then your there. On my 90 crx, 450 lbs. front and 600lbs. rear springs and 22mm bars on both ends makes the car work great and is just a little tail happy. Alot depends on on your driving style.

------------------

Mike Kohlbrenner
09-14-2001, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by mock1:
It's all a means to the end, big springs or big bars....

In general, reliance on springs for all of the required anti-roll stiffness will result
in tuning that is too stiff for anything but billiard table smooth pavement. It can
certainly be made to "work", but that doesn't mean that it is optimum.

Best regards,
Mike Kohlbrenner

Jon Nelson
09-20-2001, 10:20 AM
About the suspension techniques and nuespeed bars:

Is either one adjustable?

Do either come with heim joints and/or better end limk setups than stock?

Jon

B Breon
09-20-2001, 11:11 PM
The Nuespeed sway is non-adjustable, but the build quality is A-1! The mount is very nice and sturdy, but not overbuilt. The links uses two rod ends to eliminate binding. Works real well in my opinion. Haven't had a chance to look at the suspension techniques. It is much cheaper, wonder if the construction follows the price.