PDA

View Full Version : ITB R&R

vwmann1
09-07-2004, 03:44 PM
I plan on building a new car this winter and I am in search of the rules and regs for car build. I have done searches and emailed people and I am not getting a concise answer. Could one of you veterans point a new guy in the right direction? Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit: I will be using this car in the Chicago/Midwest area.

------------------
Douglas Hillmann

[This message has been edited by vwmann1 (edited September 07, 2004).]

Knestis
09-07-2004, 07:01 PM
You need to order a copy of the GCR (General Class Rules) for SCCA club racing - either from the national office or from your region. You can get contact information at www.scca.org (http://www.scca.org)

There is no quick/easy online reference or anything like that and the rules are screwy enough that (a) you don't want to do ANYTHING until you get a copy, and (B) you don't want to make your decisions based on what people tell you is OK.

I'll also be the first to suggest that it might be cheaper/easier to buy your first race car rather than build it. Like by thousands...

Have fun!

Kirk

vwmann1
09-07-2004, 08:42 PM
Kirk
Thanks for the reply.
I must say I agree with you that the built car would be the cheaper route. I am planning on building a mkIII car so that limits the pre-built options. Ther process of building it myself is also as big or bigger than racing it. One of my quirks. ;-)

------------------
Doug

Knestis
09-07-2004, 09:33 PM
I did the same thing so I'm not really an example - just a giver of good advice.

K

www.it2.evaluand.com/gti (http://www.it2.evaluand.com/gti)

shwah
09-07-2004, 09:39 PM
Doug,

I will be more than happy to share what I have learned building my car, along with many of the suggestions that Chuck and Chris have given, that I have just not had an opprotunity to get done.

Sometime we should just get together and go over the car and discuss all the things done and not yet done. Almost all of it will apply to A2 or A3 car building.

Give me a ring,
Chris