PDA

View Full Version : CIS External Fuel Pumps

jjadczak
07-13-2004, 03:55 PM
I run a Porsche 924 that runs on the same Bosche CIS fuel injection system. I am in search of an external fuel pump that is also found on VW Rabbits. Does anyone know where I can find one of these as OEM?

Jeremy

RSTPerformance
07-13-2004, 08:11 PM
You can get a used VW one at a great price from our sponsor force5auto.com. Chris (the Owner) might also have a good source with good deals on new ones also. If not we could probably get you a good deal on a vw one from the dealer... other than that any parts store should have remahn ones for sale.

How about a good place to find one that is not a "gravity feed" like most VW and/or Audi's??? One that delivers enough PSI for the CIS...

Raymond

jjadczak
07-14-2004, 01:58 PM
Raymond, I'll check out that site. Thanks for the tip. The fuel pumps on the 924 pump a lot of PSI, but are painfully expensive to replace http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/frown.gif They go for around $200 new. I was told that their may be a cheaper pump that works on Rabbits as well as Porsches.

Thanks for the reply.

Jeremy

Bill Miller
07-14-2004, 05:22 PM
Jeremy,

A new high-pressure Bosch pump for a VW w/ CIS will run you about the same. While I haven't looked at the part #'s, I can't believe there's much difference in the VW pump vs. the Porsche pump.

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
SCCA 279608