PDA

View Full Version : Paging Tim Mullen

Dave Zaslow
04-24-2004, 08:02 AM
Tim,

Did you have the A3 at NHIS? So, how was it (besides 3rd after the carnage)?

Dave Z

TimM ITB
04-25-2004, 10:59 PM
Dave - Yes I did have the A3 at NHIS, and all in all had a good weekend. Starting out, however I had some pretty extensive over heating problems. We had to finally build an anluminum "duct" to force more air through the radiator, as the radiator alone behind the grill without the extra "structure" around it allowed most of the air to pass around the radiator rather than through it! Unforseen "stuff" with a new car!

As for the chassis - this car is much stiffer than the Rabbit ever was, even with 2 swaybars in the Rabbit! So, it did take some getting used to - turn in points, how much power to put down and when, etc - and I have a lot more to learn from it, but the power is significantly greater. My qualifying time was .5 seconds slower than my best qualifying in the Rabbit at NHIS, (which did NOT make me happy, but is probably realistic for the first time in the car) and I KNOW that there is quite a bit more to "get" from this car.

One other issue that I didn't think of prior to the race, but nothing that I could really do about it either - I went on on the new Hoosiers with the new compound, and they felt quite a bit different than last year's tire. Better - but different - so, I had way too many variables to deal with in order to concentrate in any one area to improve my time. But - unlike a few unfortunates in the carnage - it did come home in one piece! And I will see you at LRP for some more fun!

later,

Tim M

RSTPerformance
04-26-2004, 12:02 AM
Tim-

Loved the car, very impressive looking anyway http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

Are you going to Pocono with it?

Dave-
When will yours be done?

Raymond

TimM ITB
04-26-2004, 06:43 AM
Pocono is still up in the air for me at this time - and I probably won't know until the end of next week (pesky business and family stuff that get's in the way of racing - where are their priorities??? http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/rolleyes.gif

And thanks for the comments on how the car looks - but even if it looks good - I just gotta make it GO good !

later,

Tim M

Dave Zaslow
04-26-2004, 07:12 AM
Tim,

Look forward to seeing you at Lime Rock. You say the car is stiffer. Does that mean you are running with less spring/swaybar than the Rabbit? Can we dissect your car on the grid?

Raymond,

Dealing with gutting and some tin-worm issues took some time. Car is out getting a cage, engine will be started soon as will trans. Late summer is my optimistic goal. I still have the Rabbit to tide me over and get in your way.

Dave Z