PDA

View Full Version : VWoA to support motorsports?

Bill Miller
04-11-2004, 07:53 PM
Was watching something on TV today, and they were interviewing Len Hunt, the new head of VWoA. He was formerly a senior exec. w/ Audi. One of the questions that was posed was that since Audi had enjoyed such success in motorsports, both world-wide and in the US, were there any plans for VWoA to expand into motorsports. Mr. Hunt in just about so many words, said yes. He added that there would probably be involvement at the grassroots level as well as at the professional level. He commented about how many of the new Golf R32s had been purchased to convert for motorsports competition. He also mentioned the huge enthusiast base that VW has. The interviewer men tioned the SCCA, and Mr. Hunt indicated that that would be one of the areas of involvement.

Anybody else heard anything about this? Can only hope that it's true, and it happens quickly.

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
SCCA 279608

Bildon
04-12-2004, 01:49 PM
Bill, I have heard the same coming from the World Challenge side of the fence. Was privy to a bit of info from SCCA Pro regarding discussions along these lines.

We'll know more in the coming months.

------------------
Bill Sulouff - Bildon Motorsport (http://www.bildon.com)
Volkswagen Racing Equipment
## 2003 ITB NYSRRC Champs ##

joeg
04-12-2004, 05:20 PM
I heard it on Speed's "AUTOLINE DETROIT".

That is a neat show.

Bill Miller
04-12-2004, 06:35 PM
Yep, that's where I heard it too, just couldn't remember the name of the show. Let's keep our fingers crossed!!!!

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
SCCA 279608

shwah
04-13-2004, 12:52 AM
I heard some rumblings to this effect over the winter from some speedarena.com staff.

I am in a waiting to see mode ....

Chris

[This message has been edited by shwah (edited April 13, 2004).]

racer_tim
04-13-2004, 07:27 PM
But will they just support current models, or all models.

------------------
Tim Linerud
San Francisco Region SCCA
#95 GP Wabbit (Bent)
http://linerud.myvnc.com/racing/index.html