PDA

View Full Version : Sciocco for ITA

Ceipher
03-30-2004, 06:10 PM
Hey everyone, newbie question here. I'm looking at buying an '88 16v scirocco thats prepped for ITA. I was just wondering if this would be competative? Basicly, is it worth buying this, or should I save my pennies for something nicer. If it is* worth buying, if you have any tips or anything, please put 'em up here. Thanks a lot

Knestis
03-30-2004, 08:12 PM
It's commonly accepted that the Scirocco is not a front-runner in ITA, with the caveat that all comparisons are theoretical until someone spends the same amount of $$ and has the same driver skill level as the "preferred options."

You need to decide what your priorities and goals are. If you REALLY want to run up front, you typically will go with one of just a few chioces in a given IT class.

K

Bill Miller
03-30-2004, 08:37 PM
Kirk's right, they're not what the top ITA guys are running. And, w/ the new cars going from ITS to ITA next year, I think the Scirocco 16v will get pushed even further down in the finishing order. But, since they're already moving some 16v cars to ITB (FX16), and there are already 16v cars in ITB (Saab 900), I'd say write the CB and asked to have the car moved.

Another thing to consider is what you're looking for the car to do. You don't say if you're a new racer or an experiencecd racer (I'm guessing new, by the question about how the car does in class). The VWs are solid, reliable cars, w/ a ton of developement knowledge out there. The Scirocco is an A1 chassis (same as the Rabbits and Mk I Sciroccos), and there's a boat-load of knowledge about how to set up the suspension.

If it's a 'first' car, it's probably a good choice. Since it's not a front-runner, it's probably on the inexpensive side. But then again, I'm VW-biased. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/biggrin.gif

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
SCCA 279608