PDA

View Full Version : Golf III reviews...

RSTPerformance
03-08-2004, 01:26 AM
So we are a few races into the 2004 season (not here in the Northeast but elsewhere we are).

Are the Golf III taking over ITB or what???

Raymond Blethen
RST Performance Racing
www.rstperformance.com (http://www.rstperformance.com)

bhudson
03-08-2004, 03:05 PM
I'd say the answer is "what."

No Golf III's at Road Atlanta this past weekend.

RSTPerformance
03-08-2004, 04:00 PM
lol...

Where are all the BSI Racing cars???

Raymond

Fastfred92
03-08-2004, 09:48 PM
.....I guess all the doomsday people were wrong

Where is Bill when you need him?

I requested the comp board make this change for 2 years, everyone said it will be the end of ITB... fact is it was always a B car, nothing more nothing less. It will appear at a track near you soon but as with most any car, the high budget Golf III guys will be fast and the low buck guys will be filler as with any other car.

[This message has been edited by Fastfred92 (edited March 08, 2004).]

Vantage #51
03-09-2004, 10:50 PM
As a golf II driver who was at Road Atlanta
last weekend,there was 5 of six cars on the podiums for the SAARC and ECR were Golf II's,
I do not think that Golf III's will be making a big change until there is some serious development time on them.
But I know that there are a few cars under construction by people who know how to get around a racetrack.
Derek Lugar
Vantage Motorsports #51 or #61 last weekend.

OTLimit
03-10-2004, 12:30 PM
Considering that we still haven't bought a donor car, I am betting that it will be late in the year (probably just prior to the ARRC) before we get one on the track, if it even happens this year.

------------------
Lesley Albin
Over The Limit Racing
Blazen Golden Retrievers

RSTPerformance
03-10-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Vantage #51:
As a golf II driver who was at Road Atlanta

Derek Lugar
Vantage Motorsports #51 or #61 last weekend.

Congrats on your win Derek!

Did you guys do lots of repairs over the winter or did you start from scratch after the ARRC?

Also can you go to the New England section and post the schedule for canada I haven't been yet but I always hope that maybe you'll have an event on one of my free weekends http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

Stephen

Eric Parham
03-10-2004, 06:05 PM
Derek, Congrats on a great run! But, what happened to the usual suspects... or was it a snow race? http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

Originally posted by Vantage #51:
... at Road Atlanta last weekend,there was 5 of six cars on the podiums for the SAARC and ECR were Golf II's...

OTLimit
03-10-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by OTLimit:
Considering that we still haven't bought a donor car, I am betting that it will be late in the year (probably just prior to the ARRC) before we get one on the track, if it even happens this year.

Well, we can scratch the above comment, since I just Fedex'ed a check to buy a FL car.

------------------
Lesley Albin
Over The Limit Racing
Blazen Golden Retrievers

Eric Parham
03-10-2004, 06:26 PM
The key to making these OBD cars work on a budget is going to be tunability. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get any assistance from ANYONE on how to reprogram the ECUs. Sure, some will sell you "performance" chips, but the real gains will come when VWUS or RossTech or someone else who already knows how to do this finally decides to share the "secrets" so that we can tune through the OBD port at the track. At the moment, they won't even share for a price (well, I was quoted $50,000.00, but took it as a joke). Are there any small aftermarket ECUs yet that can use the stock connector?

Bildon
03-10-2004, 08:36 PM
>> Are there any small aftermarket ECUs yet that can use the stock connector?

Yes. Contact me off this list.
Tech @ Bildon.com

------------------
Bill Sulouff - Bildon Motorsport (http://www.bildon.com)
Volkswagen Racing Equipment
## 2003 ITB NYSRRC Champs ##

Bildon
03-10-2004, 08:50 PM
Oh And Lesley...can you contact me as well. I have some questions for Chris.

Cheers

------------------
Bill Sulouff - Bildon Motorsport (http://www.bildon.com)
Volkswagen Racing Equipment
## 2003 ITB NYSRRC Champs ##

OTLimit
03-11-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Bildon:
Oh And Lesley...can you contact me as well. I have some questions for Chris.

Cheers

Bill,
Chris is at home today.

------------------
Lesley Albin
Over The Limit Racing
Blazen Golden Retrievers

[This message has been edited by OTLimit (edited March 12, 2004).]

Bildon
03-11-2004, 08:55 PM
Leslie,
Thanks, we talked for a while. And I'd like to send some photos. Is there an email address to send them to? I forgot to ask.
See my address above.

- Bill

Vantage #51
03-14-2004, 11:11 AM
On Atlanta- smallish B field, only about 10-11 cars,David Liera from FLA was other quick Golf.Enduro started 70 cars! more than half were miatas.I was using another 91 GTi we have in the "fleet" as white #51 is still suffering roadrash from the ARRC.
We also have a 95 Golf 2dr as of last week,so the long process begins.

Bildon
03-14-2004, 03:28 PM
>> We also have a 95 Golf 2dr as of last week,so the long process begins.

Cool. Are you planning to swap parts directly from one car to the other?

If so, Let us know how much you are able to migrate over.