PDA

View Full Version : Help with GTI

Ken Dillard
04-07-2003, 08:05 PM
To all that helped me with my previous post, thanks. My car is running great now. I now have 2 more questions. (1) The master switch is a Merit type & I have wired by the diagram that came with it. My question is: On the "Z" poles, I have the ign. switch wire & coil wire mounted, per the diagram. On one "W" pole, the resistor is mounted & attached to the positive "main" pole on the switch. It leaves one "W" pole, with nothing attached. What, if anything needs to go there? (2) The car has a extra fuel pump, mounted in the spare tire area. It is wired to the main fuel pump under the car, then a wire comes off this extra pump & goes to a switch beside the drivers seat. It is hot only when the car is being run. The other side of the switch has a wire also, but goes to nothing. It is also hot, with the switch on. I can't see how this would work? Should I disconnect it from the main pump & wire it though the switch via another hot wire? Where I have to turn it on? Hope this makes sense. Sorry about the long post. Thanks all.