PDA

View Full Version : ITC transaxles

ITC Mercury
01-29-2003, 02:43 AM
I was hoping some of you guys might be able to help me sort out some gear ratios. I'm going to have a Quaife put in one of my trannies while its being rebuilt. I have two VW itc legal trannies 1) GC 01 11 8 2) FF 27 08 0. I read that the numeric part of the code is the day-month-year of manufactureand that trannies with codes 01 07 0 and newer had .91 fourth and .71 fifth gears instead of .97 and .76. The change doesn't seem to be significant but the older GC tranny has different mounts than any other 020 transaxle I've seen. The bolts all appear to line up its just that the case itself bolts up to the left mount differently. Is this a legal tranny? Too I was warned about GC transaxles with a 1.37 third gear. Does anyone know what year those may have been in? I tried counting the revolutions on the drive flanges but I got different numbers every time I did it. http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/confused.gif Any hints on how to do this correctly or clarification on the ratios would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to sink my limited cash into the wrong unit.

Thanks Erik