PDA

View Full Version : **Remote Adjusting Shock dampening??**

95M3Racer
12-31-2002, 02:23 AM
Ok i am looking for a product to do the following:
Everyone knows some cars come from the factory with little stepper motors on the shock, and with the flick of a switch, it changes the valving.

Does anyone know a kit, or where to get parts for a setup like this on a racecar to have adjustable dampening inside the cockpit via electronic stepper motors, say on the reservoir of the shock?

I am looking for ANY info at all on the topic, if anyone know a lot about it, where to go for answers, etc....I WOULD APPRECIATE IT GREATLY. Thanks

P.S. I am an engineering student, and it would not be hard to set a system up like this, however I am curious if there are kits out there that exist for this purpose that are in the racing market. They are pretty simple... In car Controller activates stepper motor which rotates the dampening (rebound/compression/bump) vavle settins on the shock. Happy new year!

aburchell44
12-31-2002, 12:08 PM
I know my old Mazda had an air valve suspension that you could adjust.

95M3Racer
12-31-2002, 01:41 PM
I know lots of cars that use similar setups from MX6's to Supras to 355's.

My question is do companies offer add-on kits? Because its not that hard to make a system to do this, but wa curious if theres already some on the market.

Thanks

shwah
01-02-2003, 12:32 AM
I think that there are some off road shocks with this feature. Rancho or some simlar company offers a several position adjustable shock system. That is the only afermarket system I can recall seeing.

Chris