PDA

View Full Version : VW 1.6 ITC Flow Bench Numbers

Al Seim
12-14-2002, 02:06 AM
Hi:

Does anybody have a set of believable flow bench numbers for a VW ITC head?

I'm playing with some computer engine sims and it's obvious that w/o some flow numbers it's shooting in the dark!

Thanks!

Bill Miller
12-14-2002, 11:04 AM
Al, talk to Mark Coffin or Walt Puckett, they should be able to help you.

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI
SCCA 279608

racer14itc
12-14-2002, 12:50 PM
I've never put a 1.6 head on a flowbench. BUT, my machinist down the street has one and I've been lobbying with him to teach me how to use it and "rent it" from him when he's not using it. With the GP car, porting is permitted and I'm interested in seeing what kind of gains I can get, as well as balancing out the cylinder ports.

If I get any ITC head numbers, I'll be happy to share them. I'll be putting the ITC motor back together soon for the "new" ITC car, a.k.a. the Bluebunny. Maybe this is a good time to head over to the flowbench! http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

MC

[This message has been edited by racer14itc (edited December 14, 2002).]

JOESELLSVW
12-14-2002, 01:04 PM
Mark, I recieved the tape of VIR that you sent me. Thanks a lot, learning the track already! Looks like that was a dusty day. Was this 2001? I noticed A 510 which I thought was Al Bell, also there was a purple Plymouth product, Fire Arrow in there, I went to my spring school with thast guy. Great race. I guess the guy in the CRX thought he had room? HA HA Joe McCormick

Bildon
12-14-2002, 01:10 PM
Al,
What parameters is your program working within? How many inches of water, displacement, rpms, etc. I might be able to correlate some of my old flowbench data for you.

------------------
Bill Sulouff - Bildon Motorsport (http://www.bildon.com)
Volkswagen Racing Equipment

racer14itc
12-14-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by JOESELLSVW:
Mark, I recieved the tape of VIR that you sent me. Thanks a lot, learning the track already! Looks like that was a dusty day. Was this 2001? I noticed A 510 which I thought was Al Bell, also there was a purple Plymouth product, Fire Arrow in there, I went to my spring school with thast guy. Great race. I guess the guy in the CRX thought he had room? HA HA Joe McCormick

Hi Joe,

Yes, it was the 2001 double SARRC/MARRS, and that indeed was "Bad" Al Bell. I finished 2nd to him that day overall, first in SARRC. And the CRX that I danced with was Jinx Jordan's car. We are good friends and ironically both of us were sponsored by the same company (Airborn Coatings!). We were fighting for 3rd at the time. Not sure if I could have done anything different, except wait until I had another chance to pass. As Alan Johnson writes, pass the guy in front of you whenever the opportunity arises!

The amazing thing about that race was that the day before I crashed my Scirocco into the back of an SSB Toyota Celica, shortening the LF about 18". We pulled it out with a come-along by attaching the car to a power pole! I jumped on the hood to flatten it back down and duct taped the rest together. Went even faster the next day (the race you watched)!

Hope to see you at VIR and good luck in '03,

MC

[This message has been edited by racer14itc (edited December 14, 2002).]

machschnell
12-15-2002, 12:57 PM
Techtonics Tuning (www.tttuning.com) might be able to help you, they dyno and test alot of their stuff, and have been doing it for a long time.

PJ

------------------
83 Rabbit GTI - future ITB

racer_tim
12-15-2002, 03:02 PM
PJ, Techtonics Tuning doesn't do all that much for the IT community. I'd suggest Jose Rotger @ www.porttuning.com (http://www.porttuning.com). They do sell an IT legal head. His e-mail is [email protected].

------------------
Tim Linerud
San Francisco Region SCCA
#95 ITB GTI, GP for 2002
http://linerud.myvnc.com/racing/index.html

Al Seim
12-16-2002, 01:03 AM
Bill:

Thanks for your offer - my program (Dyno 2000) accepts airflow data "at any pressure drop" - just have to specify.

I've e-mailed you at from your website link also.

Thanks again!

Al Seim