PDA

View Full Version : CIS Fuel injection tester

machschnell
09-23-2002, 03:29 PM
I need to pick up a fuel injection/pressure tester kit for my Rabbit. Cheapest CIS kit I've seen is on JC Whitney for $56, and I'm going to bid on another one on Ebay for half that.

But my Dad has one brand new, designed for GM, Buick, mostly domestic, not including VW/CIS. The guys at NAPA weren't able to find any adapters to hook the tester up to my system.

Has anyone been succesful in adapting a generic injection/pressure tester to our CIS systems?

Should I not even bother and just buy a new one?

Thanks,
PJ

------------------
83 Rabbit GTI - future ITB

[This message has been edited by machschnell (edited September 23, 2002).]

Joe Craven
09-24-2002, 11:18 AM
$56, I say just buy the new one. You can spend hours, and those adaptors may cost a few bucks too.

pfc
11-04-2002, 11:33 PM
the cheapest/simplest solution I know is to get two banjo bolts-one from the cold start valve or injector lines (13mm head) and one from the supply line to the control pressure regulator. Drill both axially thru @1/8" and counterbore slightly 5/16". cut short (an inch or so) 5/15 steel tubing and braze into counterbore. substituting cold start banjo with this gives system pressure port and substiuting 14mm banjo in CPR gives control pressure port-and if you work on a lot of CIS stuff it works on many apps. also, you can make up similar banjo ports from 12mm and 14mm threaded fuelfilter bolts which can access system press on a raft of apps.

Originally posted by machschnell:
I need to pick up a fuel injection/pressure tester kit for my Rabbit. Cheapest CIS kit I've seen is on JC Whitney for $56, and I'm going to bid on another one on Ebay for half that.

But my Dad has one brand new, designed for GM, Buick, mostly domestic, not including VW/CIS. The guys at NAPA weren't able to find any adapters to hook the tester up to my system.

Has anyone been succesful in adapting a generic injection/pressure tester to our CIS systems?

Should I not even bother and just buy a new one?

Thanks,
PJ

------------------