PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof and a cage Complex

aburchell44
09-05-2002, 07:26 AM
I want to put a rollcage in my 1992 2 DR Golf Auto x / winter beater. The problem is the bar I cut out of another car did have a sunroof but it was all hacked out to ensure a tight fit. I could probably shorten the bar but then I am compramizing safety.

Is there a way to wedge the bar in below the sunroof. I am going to remove the headliner tonight and take a look. i think I may have to get rid of it but the paint is so good on the roof and I dont want to end up welding it shut.

Thanks

AB

Vantage #51
09-05-2002, 01:37 PM
Hi AB,Are you trying to keep the sunroof? if so shorten the legs of the cage abit,keeping in mind that a cage in an IT car is designed to be a structural member ,if you get my drift.we traditionally make the cages a little too tight to keep the chassis fron "ageing"
I Have a scar from that video mount too join the club!!

aburchell44
09-11-2002, 07:34 AM
I cut it lower as suggested. I painted it up and Ill be putting it together tonight. I have to get those sleeves today and I bought the hardware to install them. Ill keep ya posted.

AB

racer-025
09-11-2002, 09:18 AM
Hey there Vantage #51,

How did you guys make out at NH? Any new folks coming up to play on the double weekend?

Vantage #51
09-11-2002, 09:15 PM
Hi racer-025, see the results at New england
Section under 'calling all Canadians'.
We had a blast lots of fast and friendly racers.
Hard to convince them to come north with their Runoffs the weekend after.Peter Keane IT-A Accord is considering it but still a long haul when they have 4 tracks within 5-6 hrs.