PDA

View Full Version : 13 X 8 steel wheels

nascarvw
08-05-2002, 07:05 PM
Anyone have any idea on where to find some 13 X 8 steel wheels. 4 X 100mm.
I've been using the DIAMOND racing wheels, but would like to find something cheaper.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

machschnell
08-09-2002, 09:51 AM
Since no one else replied, I thought I would add a couple ideas here. Basically you can't find anything cheaper, b/c there is nothing cheaper. As an autoxer myself, I've researched that exact size for my Rabbit, and Diamonds are by far the cheapest, strongest and best looking -- for the price. I know a bunch of VW autoxers that use them and are happy, just get the proper lug nuts. A guy named Pete Paulsen makes wheels for circle trackers that were similarly priced, don't know any VW guys who've went with his wheels, but I can get the number if you like.

If I had some more cash, and autoxing was really important to me, I would go for them. But I picked up a set of 13x8 steel wheels that are basically OEM wheels but were widened to 8". I bought them with used Hoosier autoxers for $100. Couldn't pass up the deal obviously and the wheels have been great, and I know there are others out there like them. Try a place like vwvortex.com, there is a lot of <ahem> flaky people there, but they have something like 65,000 members so it's good saturation...

Otherwise, I have a set of 13x6 wheels with average race tires I'm selling for $100. These were my wheels before I got the 13x8s. You could probably fit 225 tires on them, and would be plenty of tire for a Rabbit.

PJ
[email protected]

------------------
83 Rabbit GTI - future ITB

nascarvw
08-09-2002, 05:14 PM
THANKS PJ!
I was just DREAMING someone would answer with...
"Sure, so and so sells them brand new, any offset for $29.95 each"
http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

What offset are your 13 X 6's? I might be able to use them for the REARS on my dirt car.

machschnell
08-12-2002, 06:27 PM
Not sure of offset, but the backspace is 4.5 inches to the rim, and 5.5" to the wheel, pretty typical, and nothing I'm sure your car couldn't handle. You can email me if you're interested.

PJ
[email protected]

------------------
83 Rabbit GTI - future ITB