PDA

View Full Version : Bilstein Source? Rollcage Source?

Hugger
07-10-2002, 02:42 AM
What are some good sources for Bilstein Sport Shocks and a rollcage for a '91 GTI Golf with a Sunroof?

itbgti
07-10-2002, 10:15 AM
I purchased all of my suspension setup from Shine Racing Service (www.srsvw.com) and they carry Bilsteins.

If you are making a full on race car, I would HIGHLY recommend a weld in cage...my suggestion would be to remove the entire sunroof compartment..you can gain and extra two inches of head room/safety room for the cage. Plus it takes weight away from the top of the car.

Knestis
07-10-2002, 05:31 PM
If this is a 2.0 16v, you should take a look at www.2litre.itgo.com (http://www.2litre.itgo.com) - we want you!

Kirk

Bill Miller
07-10-2002, 08:48 PM
You can get the shocks from Shine, Autotech, Turner Motorsports, and many others. Find a good cage shop and have them do a custom bent, welded cage.

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI

Hugger
07-10-2002, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the ideas. I found a place in Downers Grove, Il with great prices on Bilsteins.

I'm definitely going to put in a welded cage at this point. I've contacted a local cage builder that does circle car cages.

Rex B
07-27-2002, 12:16 AM
Just be sure your cage guy knows how to build an SCCA cage. Most circle track rules allow a lot of "latitude" in design. It might be worth your while to take him a copy of the rules that pertain to cages.

Bill Miller
07-27-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Rex B:
Just be sure your cage guy knows how to build an SCCA cage. Most circle track rules allow a lot of "latitude" in design. It might be worth your while to take him a copy of the rules that pertain to cages.

Couldn't agree w/ this more. Make sure you go over the rules w/ him and make sure he understands exactly what he can and can't do vis-a-vis the rules. He should actually be able to go over the cage design w/ you prior to cutting the first tube.

If you're happy w/ this guy, please pass on the contact info, I've got a couple of friends in the Chicago area that are looking for a cage builder.

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI
SCCA 279608

nascarvw
08-05-2002, 06:13 PM
Too bad you guys are not located a little closer to FLORIDA!
Have you seen the cages that BSI RACING have been doing? Wow, works of art!
Real nice stuff, might be worth the effort in checking them out.

Bill Miller
08-05-2002, 06:16 PM
Yep, Stu and the gang at BSI build great cages. They really are works of art.

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI
SCCA 279608