PDA

View Full Version : Help with new ITB car

WannaBITB
07-06-2002, 02:38 AM
Hi all, I'm looking for some help building my 88 Jetta 2 door into an ITB car. If you live in Southern Wisconsin/ Northern Illinois, I'd love to have you come by and give some advice, drink a couple of beers (always free at my house) and maybe twist a wrench or two. I have started stripping the car, and the interior is gone, and I have a definite plan for completing the project and going racing next season, or maybe even this one if I can gather the funds and help needed. Additionally, if you have any parts that would fit this project, let me know. I am always looking for deals. My government employee's salary prevents me from dumping a ton of cash on it, so all free help is greatly appreciated. I may offer the car up for autocross events when finished for those who are willing to lend a hand. Also, driver's schools are not out of the question for REALLY helping hands. Drop me an E mail if you'd like to help out, or call at 608 754 2724

Thanks!

Robb

rmicroys
07-08-2002, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by WannaBITB:
Hi all, I'm looking for some help building my 88 Jetta 2 door into an ITB car

I race a two door Jetta, built to Canadian GT (Ontario) rules. I would say one thing, 2 door chassis are not very common - at least where I am. You don't want to bend your sheet metal much. Been there, done that.