PDA

View Full Version : Motor Mount Question

itbgti
07-01-2002, 04:41 PM
I found over the weekend my front mount was broken...the style I have been using is the one piece that has the horizontal bolt. Now, I have come to find out that these are no longer made, very difficult to come by, and VERY expensive when compared to the other style (the one with a seperate bracket and has a stud on the mount itself). The question is how much am I losing by switching to this other style of mount? I have heard that the previous was stronger than the latter, so if someone could clarify, that would be great.

Alan

Note: either mount is legal in an A2 ITB Golf, I already found that out.

Eric16v
07-02-2002, 11:51 AM
If poly mounts are legal, SPA sells a polyurethane insert to replace the rubber.

itbgti
07-02-2002, 02:56 PM
No, I do not believe the poly mounts are legal.

Does anyone else have any thoughts, suggestions, comments??? I am suprised at the speechlessness http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

Alan

Knestis
07-02-2002, 02:59 PM
I don't know if one is inherently better than the other but, from rallying experience, I can tell you that stiffer and/or stronger is not always better. Besides, the early style broke once already, right?

Kirk

(edit - I guess that my point is that putting one stronger mount into a package that was designed for a different one might chase the problem to one of the others.)

[This message has been edited by Knestis (edited July 02, 2002).]

nascarvw
07-02-2002, 03:07 PM
I updated my MOTOR MOUNTS last year, from BSI, they have a HD Diesel package i bought from em, and have NO trouble at all.
GOOD LUCK