PDA

View Full Version : Rolling car without axles...

rmicroys
06-17-2002, 11:38 AM
I've got to move my A2 Jetta around in the shop and also send it to the body shop for some repairs. It's currently in the air, without motor/drivetrain. The car uses Passat 4 bolt knucles/hubs, and I'm wondering if I can safely put wheels on them without axle stubs in them... I don't want to hurt the bearings, and I've heard that by rolling a car around without axles in the hubs, one can damage the bearings. Is this the case and should I be concerned. I have enough outer stubs kicking around that I can put one in each hub and fasten them in...

Comments?

itbgti
06-17-2002, 11:53 AM
Look at the topic called A1 Engine Pull, I have bumped it to the top of this forum...It has this tpic covered in there, hope it helps.

Alan

rmicroys
06-17-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by itbgti:
Look at the topic called A1 Engine Pull, I have bumped it to the top of this forum...It has this tpic covered in there, hope it helps.
Alan

Thanks for the quick reply - I knew it had to be a common subject... it's exactly as I expected too. I've got a bunch of axles I can use an outer joint from. It should be no problem. Tbanks!