PDA

View Full Version : brake pads?

madrabbit15
03-14-2002, 10:14 AM
Anyone have any ideas on best brakepads for vw? Wear is not really a concern, just wanna stop. Been using Hawk blues, is there anything better out there? I have heard about carbotechs and porterfields but never really trieds anything else. All opinions please

evanwebb
03-14-2002, 03:56 PM
I've been using the Porterfield R4 on my ITC Scirocco and they seem pretty good. Long wearing, consistent, easy on the rotors. They may not have the ultimate grip of the Hawk Blues, though.

Bill Miller
03-15-2002, 12:33 AM
The Hawk Blues are hard to beat. I tried Mintex 1155 and tossed them after 1 weekend. Hawk's are good right out of the box, and the stop like mad!

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI

JackH55
03-15-2002, 03:08 AM
I agree with Bill,
We also tried the Mintex
Jack

RatherB Racing
04-28-2002, 01:59 PM
Right now we use Blues on our ITB Rabbit, so does our friend who runs them on a G-prod cab. They seem to be the best thing out there and every VW guy i have ever talked to uses them. I have been looking into the EBC brake pads. I hae the street versions on my car (91 GTI) and my friend has them on his 90 corrado and you cannot make the car stop slow enough! You stop on a dime. The street ones are green stufdf and I believe that the grade up is the yellow stuff. I have been thinking about trying them. They are $70 for the front from tire rack, which is also a little cheaper than the blues. Any one else know anything about the EBC's?

Shane

madrabbit15
04-29-2002, 10:08 AM
i heard that the ebcs were crap, just what i heard from some people who tried them, just trying to save u some time and money