PDA

View Full Version : Fuel test port

Dean
01-29-2002, 10:21 PM
No Rabbit racers out there can tell me how they put a test port on there car? I've heard a lot of ideas but not from anyone who has done it. Please help!

racer14itc
01-29-2002, 10:37 PM
Dean, here's what I did. I own one of the "fuel injection pressure test kits" that people use for measuring system and control pressure. The one I own came with a bunch of extra quick disconnect fittings that make the kit work on various CIS cars (Porsche, Volvo, etc.). One of these fittings can be substituted for one of the banjo bolts that attaches to the fuel distributor. It has a schrader type valve that won't open unless that female fitting is attached (this is the same fitting attached to the pressure gauge hose in the kit). When a tech inspector wants a fuel sample, I attach the hose, unscrew the gauge, and hit the fuel pump. Voila!

When done, I disconnect the hose.

Quick clean, and relative cheap (if you already have the kit!). The kit has several size fittings, one that fits the small banjo bolt (like the one going to the fuel injectors or the fifth injector), and one that fits the larger banjo bolt on the warm up regulator. Either one will work as a sample port.

Mark Coffin
#14 GP VW Scirocco
#14 ITC VW Scirocco

Colin Harmer
01-30-2002, 04:02 PM
I was talking to Stu at BSI aobut this just yesterday. He's got some arrangement with a double banjo bolt and a valve (I think..) that is ready to go. You can call him at 386-677-5778 and get the details.

-Colin

------------------
Colin Harmer
ITB #2 Red Golf
Halifax, NS
http://users.andara.com/~mountain
[email protected]

Dean
01-30-2002, 09:21 PM
Thanks! I'll call Stu as soon as I can. How much is the pressure checking kit?

Spiro13
02-02-2002, 12:52 PM
Dean

I got my pressure checking kit From J.C. Whitney for under $60.00. Same as some advertised for $150.00. It works just fine.

------------------
Tony
ITC #0