PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pump for Mikuni PHH on 2.0L 8V

rmicroys
01-07-2002, 05:27 PM
Quick question. I'm running a 2.0 8V cross-flow with Miknuni carbs in an '86 Jetta chassis. The current fuel supply system used both an external fuel pump, as well as the internal transfer pump. Do I need the external fuel pump, or does the internal tank transfer pump have enough capacity to run the car? It certainly has enough capacity to drive the car at low speeds in the paddock, as it sometimes wouldn't run (tap lightly and it would come to life - but never ran it on the track that way AFAIK) The pump finally went south and I am wondering if it really needs to be replaced? I run only 4psi to the carbs...

The transfer pump should be able to handle the required volume, no?

Ryan Williams
01-08-2002, 12:46 AM
Don't know about the capacity of the internal pump. However, I would recommend using a Carter fuel pump with a regulator to set fuel pressure to carbs. The Carter likes to draw fuel so you should not have any problems getting fuel from the VW fuel tank. Regards, Ryan Williams.

rmicroys
01-09-2002, 05:02 PM
Thanks. I'll take a look, I think I saw them at summitracing.com. Now I just still have to find the right intake manifold for my carbs to fit my 2.0l 8V cross-flow head...