PDA

View Full Version : what kinda seat do you use

DURELL
12-15-2001, 08:20 PM
thanks.....i cant decide what to use....

Bill Miller
12-16-2001, 10:52 AM
Chris,

First off, welcome to IT.com. You'll find a thread in one of the other forums about seats. Personally, I like the aluminum Butler Road Race seat. Beautiful, strong, and well made. On the downside, it's $550 or more, depending on where you buy it. It's also probably not as light as some of the composite seats, and since it's not FIA approved, it will require a rear brace.

Converting that car to an IT racer???

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI

DURELL
12-16-2001, 06:17 PM
Bill hello, it would be a dream to do some door to door racing. But i really dont have the funds to do so, my plans are to make a fun autocross and mostly time trial car ( i like the big tracks better )....The kinda seat that i am looking for would involve a bit of comfort, just a bit. Being that i will be driving it in the warmer parts of the year.....I look foward to driving watkins glen, limerock, NHIS, and i might make the trip up to canada for mt. trmblonte(sp).....i had some pics up just a bit ago on the vortex of the begining of my project.......thanks bill, see ya

Bill Miller
12-16-2001, 09:17 PM
Chris,

The Kirkey seat I mentioned is very comfortable. It could possibly be used in a street car. While it's not as 'sexy' as a Sparco or a Momo, it's a great seat!

As far as w2w racing goes, save your money!!! There are always good deals out there on race cars.

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI