PDA

View Full Version : New to VW

keith35
12-13-2001, 05:46 PM
Can someone tell me what spring rates to run on a ITC Scri? What are the best shocks yo run?

dave parker
12-13-2001, 07:01 PM
what track are you on? what is your driving style? what are you running now? and what is the car doing with what you have?
many questions to answer to get the right answer.

dave parker
wdcr itb#13

SamITC85
12-14-2001, 09:06 AM
On my ITC Rabbit I am running 650# in the front and 350# in the rears. This is a topic of contention with many VW racers. It seems that many of the people that deal with SRS have gone the way I have, while others say that the rear should be much stiffer in the front. Although I am running only 350# in the rear I also have two SRS rear tubular bars. Hope this helps.

------------------
Sam Rolfe
TBR Motorsports
#85 VW Rabbit

Bill Miller
12-14-2001, 09:30 AM
I run the same setup as Sam described on my ITB Rabbit GTI, w/ 2 rear bars. I'm going to bump the rears to 450# as I think the rear is too soft, and allowing the inside front to lift in tight corners.

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI

racer14itc
12-14-2001, 01:44 PM
Post this question on volkswagenracer.com too and see what people have to say!

For the record, my ITC setup is quite a bit softer than those stated above, and are equal front/rear. A medium swaybar OPM, and Koni adjustables on all four corners. Keith35, depending on where you are, you might also consider calling Stu Brumer and discussing your suspension questions with him. Of course, it'll help if you buy your stuff from him as well! http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/biggrin.gif

Mark Coffin
#14 ITC VW Scirocco - 2001 SARRC Champ - for sale!
#14 GP VW Scirocco

[This message has been edited by racer14itc (edited December 14, 2001).]