PDA

View Full Version : What happened to our hero?

Bildon
11-15-2001, 09:49 PM
OK, Albin usually carries the flag for VW at the ARRC. But this year I see that he wasn't able to contest for the lead. His times were way off in the race. Anyone know what happened?

- Bildon

Bill Miller
11-15-2001, 09:57 PM
I heard from someone that running double-duty w/ his car this year took its toll. I'm sure he'll be back!!!

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI

JohnW
11-15-2001, 10:11 PM
I was there and watched flag to flag....

Sam Moores Volvo sounded like a British Super Touring car on the straights. That thing is super fast! While 2-3-4th were fighting with each other (Audi, Accord & Accord) Sam checked out! There were plenty of Golfs and Rabbits mixing things up in the field, however while this was going on the front 2 rows left em. There were many great races thru-out the pack!

Great show everyone!

Scirocco#28
11-15-2001, 10:12 PM
Well maybe Dino grabbed the flag and ran with it!

Steve

------------------
88 ITB Scirocco
www.geocities.com/highspeedconnectionracing (http://www.geocities.com/highspeedconnectionracing)

bobpink
11-16-2001, 11:08 AM
According to an ARRC story Alan Russell wrote and posted to W2W, Chris lost fifth gear. I too was wondering what was up. He isn't THAT slow, but he had a great race further back in the field with Jeff Lane who was driving a Volvo.

Bob Pinkowski
Atlanta Region SCCA
OPM Motorsports
ITS Honda Prelude

OTLimit
11-16-2001, 11:54 AM
Chris lost 5th gear on the first lap of the race. He had gone through the gear box the recently, and put it back in the car. This gear box had been in the car for about a year (~30 races in ITB and GP), and had been working great. Sometimes bad things happen. I don't really think that running in both ITB and GP has taken it's toll as much as the fact that this car has A LOT of races on it. We have been averaging 20-25 races/year or more, including the ARRC Enduro. On the other hand, look at his lap times; anyone else want to try running these times without 5th gear? Chris is already looking forward to next year, but he has a lounge truck to finish before he builds/finishes the race car(s) he has in progress.

Lesley Albin (the lurking wife)
Over The Limit Racing
Blazen Golden Retrievers

[This message has been edited by OTLimit (edited November 16, 2001).]

Vantage #51
11-20-2001, 09:50 PM
Car #11,the fastest VW,was myself,who ended up 4th after Irish Mike broke on the last lap.I could see the battle up front but couldn't quite keep up as they were about a second quicker or more.I did have the advantage of five forward gears in the box.
we qualified less than a tenth behind chris on sunday ,but one lap in the 49's does't
quite catch mr albin when he can do them for
an hour or more.