PDA

View Full Version : A1 CGH

RGile
10-20-2001, 01:36 AM
Can anyone tell me what the center of gravity hieght of and A1 rabbit is.

Thanks RGile

Bill Miller
10-20-2001, 03:54 PM

[This message has been edited by Bill Miller (edited October 20, 2001).]

Bill Miller
10-20-2001, 03:55 PM
It depends on where you have your ride height set as well as what kinds of things you've done to your car (how much the cage weighs, do you run ballast, etc.

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI

Knestis
10-20-2001, 07:25 PM
If you have access to accurate wheel scales, you can actually figure it out mathematically. I don't remember the formulae right off hand (the racing library is still in boxes in the basement) but, as I recall, you check the wheel weights and then jack one side up a known amount, leaving the other on the scales. The higher the COG is, the more weight will be transfered to the wheels on the scales. I can figure out which book the procedure is in, if you want. There's some trig required I think! http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

Kirk

RGile
10-21-2001, 11:42 AM
Thanks Knestis,I actually have a couple of the methods somewhere and have tried to do them,but have had difficulty getting the rear wheels up on blocks the 28 to 30 inches they call for.I guess what I'm looking for is to see if I'm anywhere close to what others have gotten. The highest I've been able to get the rear wheels up is only 18".

easynowrl
11-07-2001, 09:42 PM
RGile:
You can build your own formula to suit whatever height you can reach. Multiply your level wheelbase times your raised wheelbase at ground level, times the weight added to the front scales when you lift. Divide all this by the distance raised x the overall weight of the car. (The raised wheelbase is the square root of: your level WB squared minus the height you raised the rear squared). Confused yet? Me too, but I've seen this done. Have fun.
Rick