PDA

View Full Version : VW Shells and Parts

itbgti
09-18-2001, 04:59 PM
This message is not an ad, but more of a help for anyone who needs parts/shells for their race/street cars. Since my disagreement with a steel barrier in my last race, I have been combing the junk yard behind my fathers shop for parts to aide in repair. It came to me that I have this unbelievable resource and I am willing to share it. I am on very good terms with the owner of the junkyard, and allows me to roam free in the entire yard. I get most of my stuff for free, and get the parts for others at VERY good prices. (Since I have a good relationship with the owner, I will let him know that parts are for others to keep my free stuff coming http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif )
So, if you have a need for anything, down to a bolt, please let me know. I am located in Danbury,CT.

I can get parts for any cars, but my heart is with the VWs. Good finds from this past weekend: MINT A1 GTI shell, could not believe the condition of that car: very good 2 door jetta, and plenty o'golfs http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

Post needs here, I check regularly. I hesitate to post my email to general, I do not want to be searching for a used heater core for my sister-in-law's nephews baby cousin who needs it......I will provide contact information on an as needed basis.

Just providing help,
Alan

Bill Miller
09-18-2001, 09:09 PM
Very cool of you to offer Alan!

Now, tell me more about this mint A1 GTI shell.... http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

Actually, I do have a need for some parts. I need a 5-spd tranny out of an '89 (or there abouts) Jeep Cherokee w/ a 4.0 liter motor and 4wd.

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI

GTI Cup
09-19-2001, 11:35 AM
Alan,

While my 84 GTI's engine is being rebuilt, I'm fixing some banged-up body parts as well. Here's my list:

driver's side fender
metal trim piece, driver's side
lower half of airbox

The metal trim piece mentioned is the part that sort of "sandwiches" the OEM GTI spoiler onto the fender. The piece is approximately 7"-8" long, and has two studs on the back side. If you're looking at the car from the side, this piece is partly behind the front bumper end cap.

If you could locate these parts for me, I would REALLY appreciate it. Thanks!!!

------------------
Glenn
MARRS ITB #07
dead...for now

Bill Miller
09-19-2001, 05:46 PM
Hey Glenn

So, you're doing the motor? Where are you getting it done?

BTW, I've got the metal trim strips and the lower airbox piece you're looking for, shoot me an email.

Bill

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI

GTI Cup
09-19-2001, 07:51 PM
Just sent you e-mail, Bill! Thanks!

------------------
Glenn
MARRS ITB #07
dead...for now

racerdrew43
09-19-2001, 08:30 PM
itbgti,
i could really, really use body parts for a mk1 scirocco fenders,doors, rear quarter panels etc...
thank you for the offer- whats the name of your Dads shop, can we throw him some business?
Drew

itbgti
09-20-2001, 08:15 AM
To all those who have posted about parts, I will be hitting the junk yard this weekend, I will post any results I find.

racerdrew43--My fathers shop is Danbury-Rent-A-Truck, Inc. It is a truck rental business, truck and car repair shop. We also are a NECO engine location, which we just got this past summer and is keeping us busy. We also have a "dealer's" liscense, which means we go to the auctions time to time and buy/sell used cars/trucks. My father and uncle have owned/operated the business for the past 30 years, so we have been there for quite some time (before I was even a twinkle in his eye http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif I do most of the work on my race car down there with one of the mechanics, Shine does my motor and transmission work, I do not mess around with that stuff. Phone 1-203-792-5160, Mechanic's name is Jeff Bohn.
It is not a "race shop", I just make it my own...
Bill-(joking tone) this was not a spam business plug, someone asked what my father's shop was, so I provided the info. I will look for your tranny this weekend.

Wish me luck in the search,
Alan

RSTPerformance
09-20-2001, 10:54 AM
Alan,

You said he rents trucks..... how about trucks that I could tow a trailer with. Maybe a truck that I could use from here in concord to lime rock and back..... Currently it looks like I am going to have to make 2 trips with my brothers car one trip then my car in another trip! each way is three hrs so I am not to excited. Let me know if these are the types of trucks he rents or if we are talking about big rigs. All I need is something to tow a small trailer and car. Still asking all my friends but hav'nt had any luck yet!!

Stephen

itbgti
09-20-2001, 11:05 AM
Stephen,

We have trucks from small econoline vans up to 24 foot box trucks, but we cannot rent (insurance reasons) to people towing. I have used them in the past but needed to get special permission from the insurance company, adn we OWN THE PLACE!!!! Anyway, I do not think this would help you because the truck would have to be rented/returned to our location, so you would be doing even more driving.

My advice (we have done this in the past) rent a Ryder, put one car inside, yes it will work, and tow your trailer. You do not need to get one of the hige ones either, just one with a "true" 15 foot box, make sure they are not including the overhang in the over all length. Towing with one rig will save you gas money, and you could sleep in the box and save on hotel costs. If there is anything else I can do, please let me know. My fathers shop is one hour from Lime Rock, in case you need emergency assistance.

Later,
Alan