PDA

View Full Version : side impact beams

DURELL
09-16-2001, 04:34 PM
are they worth removeing. i am in the process of building to what i hope to some day be an "IT" racer....but for the time being autocross and time trial car is what it'll be....i have pretty much everything out but the door beams......should i remove them.....the rabbit is going to have a full cage.......thanks

------------------
i can see IT in my future.

Bill Miller
09-16-2001, 05:37 PM
Chris,

The beams have to stay, and you can only gut the driver's door if you put NASCAR bars in. Also, you've got to run a stock 1.6 8v in ITC, and a stock 1.8 8v in ITB. You really need to get a copy of the GCR.

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI

DURELL
09-17-2001, 07:07 PM
Thanks bill, i'll leave'um in...wear can i get a copy of the "GCR"?....I was planning on running a proportion valve for the rear brakes....i really have a bunch of questions on the preperation.. and "legalization"of the 'modifications"....

------------------
Chris Durand, QSCC

DURELL
09-17-2001, 07:12 PM
i just red the other topic on the 86IT racer and some had mentioned a bolt in cage. I was thinking that they would not be legal!!.....Man i really have a bunch of prep questions....

------------------
Chris Durand, QSCC

Bill Miller
09-17-2001, 07:17 PM
Chris,

You can get a copy of the CGR from the SCCA office in Denver. However, I would try and borrow someone's 2001 book as the 2002 book will be out in a couple of months.

Email me off-line if you want to talk about preparing your car.

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI

DURELL
09-17-2001, 07:33 PM
THANKS BILL.......WILL DO.......Speak to you soon

------------------
Chris Durand, QSCC